NASA-TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BigRyan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Texas
What has happened to the signal quality of NASA-TV on AMC18, I cant get better than 50%. It started a few days ago. All others are 72-85% SQ and have not changed across the full arc. Just wondering if anyone else has lost signal from NASA-TV. For the past year they have been a steady 70% quality then just dropped out the other night and have not come back.

What has happened to the signal quality of NASA-TV on AMC18, I cant get better than 50%. It started a few days ago. All others are 72-85% SQ and have not changed across the full arc. Just wondering if anyone else has lost signal from NASA-TV. For the past year they have been a steady 70% quality then just dropped out the other night and have not come back.
I was wondering that myself. I know my dish needs a little tweaking due to heavy snow but I was getting it fine during the Orion launch earlier this month and after but noticed yesterday I'm getting nothing?

I still have the same signal strength, but quality is poor. I still have them, they are there. This would suggest an uplink issue or they just cut power.

It's not our dishes, it has to be something with the TP because it happened wile I was watching it, just lost it. I bumped the motor a few clicks and found it again but poor quality with macro blocking and choppy audio. Is there any thing we can do? would an In-Line Amplifier or signal booster help?

Amps will only boost signal power not quality. We saw a similar issue with OETA on 125Wku. It was gone for most folks for a couple weeks and now its back like before. They may have equipment issues at the uplink facility and awaiting parts. Montana PBS went down for awhile while waiting parts recently also.

Signal Quality reading looks fine and normal on 105w 3760 in Northern California with a 10 foot and C1PLL.
Like I said I had 72% quality and now the best I can get is bouncing from 40 - 50. so its unwatchable most of the time. I only have a 6 foot solid dish. I wish I had a 10 foot, but I need at least 53% quality on this 6 foot for NASA-TV. A few channels come in fine at 10%. Guess we will just wait it out and hope for the best.

I guess my Unimesh dish isn't that far off on the tune as I'm still getting it but like others the Q on it isn't but about 50%? The NBC mux on that sat is still booming at 83% here though.

Okay,cleaned out/deleted the junk,rescanned,found the tp but no channels,did just a tp scan and got the channels back.Quality isn't the greatest (60%) but stable.This is off the 12' using AZBox Ultra.NBC is booming at 100%,just for comparison.

I get 70+ quality on all three NASA transponders. (10' dish)

Strange I have not noticed the signal changing on the NASA tp. Watch it every day...but usually in the evening around 10pm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)