NASCAR 2014 season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Getting close to the start of the Racing season.

The Chase will be changed this year and I like it.

The field for the Chase is expanded to 16. (16th spot reserved for the points leader if he doesn't win a race)
For the 10 races it will be like this:

-After first 3 races the last four of the 16 drivers will be eliminated
-After race 6 another four of the 12 remaining drivers will be eliminated
-After race 9 another four of the 8 remaining drivers will be eliminated
-The driver who finishes first of the 4 remaining drivers will be the Champion.

yup. here is the list of criteria courtesy of jayski.com

Eligibility for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup: The top 15 drivers with the most wins over the first 26 races will earn a spot in the NASCAR Chase Grid - provided they have finished in the top 30 in points and attempted to qualify for every race (except in rare instances). The 16th Chase position will go to the points leader after race No. 26, if he/she does not have a victory. In the event that there are 16 or more different winners over 26 races, the only winless driver who can earn a Chase Grid spot would be the points leader after 26 races.
If there are fewer than 16 different winners in the first 26 races, the remaining Chase Grid positions will go to those winless drivers highest in points. If there are 16 or more winners in the first 26 races, the ties will first be broken by number of wins, followed by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver points.

Last edited:
It will definitely be an interesting new format. The bracket aspect might make for a fun office pool, too. My only real hangup is that if the last race is now truly going to decide the champion every year, I think the final race should rotate among tracks in some manner. I know NASCAR is always VERY hesitant to move races, and weather makes it a challenge, but it seems like Homestead should NOT have the event every year. (and this coming from someone who still gets chills thinking of Homestead 2011 ;))

Even if it just rotated among tracks in warmer climates, kinda like the Super Bowl typically does (sans the NY move this year). Weather would never make it feasible, but could you imagine such a winner-take-all finale @ Richmond or Bristol? :hungry:

I watched 1.5 races last year,Daytona and whatever the second race was.That's all it took for me to decide two things.Hated the new cars,and JJ would win the championship.Still hate the new cars sucky racing,but I applaud the changes,let's see old JJ win it now.

It will definitely be an interesting new format. The bracket aspect might make for a fun office pool, too. My only real hangup is that if the last race is now truly going to decide the champion every year, I think the final race should rotate among tracks in some manner. I know NASCAR is always VERY hesitant to move races, and weather makes it a challenge, but it seems like Homestead should NOT have the event every year. (and this coming from someone who still gets chills thinking of Homestead 2011 ;))

Even if it just rotated among tracks in warmer climates, kinda like the Super Bowl typically does (sans the NY move this year). Weather would never make it feasible, but could you imagine such a winner-take-all finale @ Richmond or Bristol? :hungry:

Or Daytona !

I think a 3rd Daytona race would be GREAT !

I have heard on the NASCAR Channel on Sirius that the Chase races will be evaluated and possibly move or change ... ya know, with Nascar, everything is Fluid.

I watched 1.5 races last year,Daytona and whatever the second race was.That's all it took for me to decide two things.Hated the new cars,and JJ would win the championship.Still hate the new cars sucky racing,but I applaud the changes,let's see old JJ win it now.

Ya, everything is changed yearly to keep Jimmy from winning and what does he do, just goes out and proves them wrong ... as he will again this year ...

Go Hendricks teams !!!

Now if they REALLY wanted to make the Chase fun ... and this will never happen because of the Sponsors, but they should make the Chase 16 drivers ...

Thats IT, 16 ... the rest are done, they really don't mean anything racing the rest of the 10 races anyways, why clutter up the track, take the cars from 17-43 off the track for the last 10 races, they didn't make the Chase, they are done.

So the Chase consists of the top 16 cars.

Now NASCAR wants to eliminate drivers after every 3 races, ok, lets remove them as well, so by the last race you have 4 cars on the track, it basically becomes a IROC race at that point.

Not personally, I wouldn't do that, but I would remove the 17-43 cars when the Chase starts, now that would make it more interesting.

Was good seeing the cars back out on the track @ Daytona practice tonight...and especially cool to see Smoke back out there in the 14! :yes

Personally, I would like the lst race venue changed as well, but you have to consider the temp and other weather conditions, only other state I could see it in would bebmaybe Texas, but the only track they run is in Northern Texas, not to warm there either that time of year, as far as racing in not ideal conditions goes.

They Could shorten the season to end earlier and that would do mm away with a lot of the last race weather concerns .... being not ideal race conditions meam they need to change to a different type of tire snd come up with different set ups for the cars for the last and now most important race of the year.

JJ very well may win it again ...
Its clear that Many people here dont like JJ, however the changes that were made , MAY actually make JJ a better chance to win it.

Anyone watching the Sprint Unlimited Race tonight ?
(The old Budweiser Shootout ?)

The Fans get to vote for the 3 segment race, I found that interesting, although I think they have done that for awhile now.

The race is on FS1 ...

I am trying to decide what I think of the running order screen for FS1, they are showing the Top 3 and then 4 thru 18 in this case show 5 at a time rotating ...

I guess I can deal with it, but I hope when they show a race with a full field that they have the Top 10 up all the time instead of just the top 3 and rotate from there.

Btw, Pole Position 1 and 2 are on the line tomorrow at 1 pm.

I have not seen the channel listed as of yet.
Edit:
The qualifying for 1 & 2 will be on the Big Boy FOX channel.

Yup ....

Imagine, Danica made it thru the wreck, THEN lost it, got thru it and then her Boyfriend hit her and took her out.

How did she get in anyway?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)