NASCAR on NBC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oldave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Warner Robins, GA
The local NBC affiliate swears that NBC is only sending SD feeds of NASCAR on NBC, claiming there is no 16:9 widescreen feed. Their digital signal was unwatchably (is that a word? It is now) blurry, except on local inserts. Those were nice and sharp.

We *watched* the widescreen feed yesterday on an affiliate from another DMA (yeah, we know, it's unethical to watch out of market signals rather than supporting the local station and advertisers).

The local NBC affiliate's general manager seems concerned, but the engineer insists the other station was converting the 4:3 SD to widescreen on their own, and that NBC did not provide anything else.

The engineer says what they retransmitted on their digital signal yesterday was SD 4:3 upconverted to 1080i.

Any other markets actually have an NBC affiliate sending the NBC 16:9 NASCAR feed on their digital channel? I'm curious what other markets are getting it, so I can point the station engineer to the right place (with a CC: to the GM, as well... since this engineer hasn't answered a single email I've sent him regarding their low power status and when we might expect higher power, etc, until I emailed the GM and CC:'d the engineer this morning).

There was big thread on this over at AVS. I also had to suffer with 4x3 on the two NBC affilaites that I receive. But answer your question, yes there were several other DMAs which did get the race in Widescreen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)