NBA TV Packages?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I was looking at the Dish website and I noticed that NBA TV shows up in the Welcome Package. Is that accurate? Has NBA TV been added to a bunch of packages? I thought it was Top 200 and above, or Multi-Sport pack.

https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages/welcome-pack

At first I thought it was free preview as free preview channels sometimes show up in the wrong packages on the Dish site, but it isn't listed as a free preview channel this month.

I was looking at the Dish website and I noticed that NBA TV shows up in the Welcome Package. Is that accurate? Has NBA TV been added to a bunch of packages? I thought it was Top 200 and above, or Multi-Sport pack.

https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages/welcome-pack

At first I thought it was free preview as free preview channels sometimes show up in the wrong packages on the Dish site, but it isn't listed as a free preview channel this month.
Yes, that is correct. We have been getting NBA TV on channel 5000 and 5001 since the free preview back in January. It is not still in free preview, since my deactivated receivers, that still work for free previews, do not get it. Both of my activated receivers, with Welcome Pack and Flex Pack (separate accounts) get it, though. :)

Reactions: zippyfrog
Never mind. I checked yesterday, and Welcome Pack just lost NBA TV. :( We were still getting it earlier in the week.

Looks like they updated their website as well to reflect the packages it used to be. Guess it was an extended free preview.

Attachments

• NBATV.JPG
    NBATV.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 98
Looks like they updated their website as well to reflect the packages it used to be. Guess it was an extended free preview.
It would be nice if Dish would keep the free preview page on the website updated to reflect these kinds of things. NBA TV was never listed there except for the scheduled free preview weekends in January and February, yet we received NBA TV the entire time. When a channel is not listed on the free preview page or on channel 103, yet we get the channel on our activated receivers and do not get the channel on deactivated receivers that normally work for free preview channels, then we have no choice but to conclude that the channel is actually included in our package, especially when the Dish website also lists that channel as being in our package.

Reactions: zippyfrog
It would be nice if Dish would keep the free preview page on the website updated to reflect these kinds of things. NBA TV was never listed there except for the scheduled free preview weekends in January and February, yet we received NBA TV the entire time. When a channel is not listed on the free preview page or on channel 103, yet we get the channel on our activated receivers and do not get the channel on deactivated receivers that normally work for free preview channels, then we have no choice but to conclude that the channel is actually included in our package, especially when the Dish website also lists that channel as being in our package.

I agree - I would think keeping the Free Preview page, as well as the page when channels get added to new packages up to date, then there wouldn't be confusion. It would be nice to have the website listings accurate. If you go to Dish's website and go to Order the Flex Pack as a new customer, it shows NBA TV on the page.

Attachments

• FlexPackApril1.JPG
    FlexPackApril1.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 113
I agree - I would think keeping the Free Preview page, as well as the page when channels get added to new packages up to date, then there wouldn't be confusion. It would be nice to have the website listings accurate. If you go to Dish's website and go to Order the Flex Pack as a new customer, it shows NBA TV on the page.
Interesting. I am not home to check my receiver with Flex Pack. (I was at my sister's home when I noticed the change to Welcome Pack.) When I get a chance, I will let you know if Flex Pack still gets NBA TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)