Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Is anyone receiving the NBC HD Feeds on 11760, 11840 and 11880? I'm not getting any signal at all. Do these transponders get turned off when not in use? Other signals on this satellite like the pier, NBC SD feeds and WCPE all come in strong. I'm using a fixed 90cm offset dish with the oddball skew adjusted correctly. My receiver is an Openbox S9 soon to be replaced with a GeoSat MicroHD.

I'm trying to get as many options available for the Olympic Summer Games next month. -Thanks

Yep, getting all those here on a 1m motorized primestar, all are great video at this moment. I never watch 'em because its NBC, but they are coming in fine tonight. There's one for Universal sports but nothing shows there so it must be scrambled. And one color bars channel on 11880. Sorry for the late response, I just now saw your msg.

It's too bad the Olympics aren't still on CBC. Their coverage was excellent and you could pick them up FTA with a BUD. CTV won the rights for the 2010 and 2012 Olympics and they're not quite as good as the CBC and they're not on FTA. However, their coverage still beats NBC by a landslide. A lot more live coverage and they show events and ceremonies you never see on NBC. Maybe some CTV feeds will pop up FTA, you never know! I didn't have blind scan capabilities during the last Olympics (just Bell ExpressVu). Might be worthwhile to scan the Anik satellites at the time and see what you can get!

Atlanctic Satellite Network (ASN) on F1 C band SD carried all CTV broadcast of the '12 Winter Olympic games. It doesen't matter if you watch the NBC broadcast on satellite of OTA, it's going to be the same horrible coverage, little live coverage and plenty of athlete profiles. VO1ONE is right CBC had the best coverage. I am not big on the summere games, but after I got the CBC I found that they were more interesting that I thought.

I'm glad it's on NBC as their 24 Mbps 1080i MPEG-4 feeds have the best quality of any of the networks :D

I'll just retrieve the portions they cover poorly from international friends. The Internet always covers the Olympics pretty well, if ya catch my drift ;)

Is anyone receiving the NBC HD Feeds on 11760, 11840 and 11880? I'm not getting any signal at all. Do these transponders get turned off when not in use? Other signals on this satellite like the pier, NBC SD feeds and WCPE all come in strong. I'm using a fixed 90cm offset dish with the oddball skew adjusted correctly. My receiver is an Openbox S9 soon to be replaced with a GeoSat MicroHD.

I'm trying to get as many options available for the Olympic Summer Games next month. -Thanks

Just scanned in that Satellite / 103W AMC-1 Ku tonight, but all I got was some scrambled Fedex Channels and 3 others - on V 11940 Huntington Beach South & North of Pier Surf City and another Channel Microspace. This Satellite is hard to pick up on KU Band I think because of its big Skew, Iceberg has previously posted details on this. No NBC Channels came in for me.

the skew on KU is goofy. Its off by 26 degrees opposite what it should be.

so some folks have a fixed dish with the skew properly....otherwise a bigger dish helps

I'm planning on rotating my LNB skew just enough to receive the 11760 transponder. I have a motorized dish, so I don't want to rotate it too much and lose many other channels. Is this even worth it? Perhaps even rotating it a couple degrees may be enough to get a lock. I looked at the signal strength of the 11760 last night, and it's fluctuating from 0% to 50% with no skew at all. Sometimes the signal shows up around 45-50%, but it can't lock onto any channels.

I'd just wait a few weeks and see if the new bird is going to stop at 103W this time. At the rate it was going the last time I checked, it should be there in time for the equinox.

I'm planning on rotating my LNB skew just enough to receive the 11760 transponder. I have a motorized dish, so I don't want to rotate it too much and lose many other channels. Is this even worth it? Perhaps even rotating it a couple degrees may be enough to get a lock. I looked at the signal strength of the 11760 last night, and it's fluctuating from 0% to 50% with no skew at all. Sometimes the signal shows up around 45-50%, but it can't lock onto any channels.

There is a beter way when using a motorized dish.

• Secure a 2nd LNBF that is skewed for 103w to the left or right side of existing LNBF. Use this LNBF only for the 103w satellite.
  • Insert a 22KHz switch with the 0khz position for your regular satellite LNBF and the 22khz side for the 103w LNBF.
  • Save the 103w position as a DiSEqC 1.2 setting to account for the 5-7 degree offset of this 2nd LNBF.

Now whenever you select the 103w satellite, the motor will automatically drive the dish to the corrected offset angle!

I rotated the LNB about 23 degrees, and it scanned in the NBC channels, but there wasn't anything on. It was just a black screen on everything. The signal wasn't that great. It was fluctuating from around 45-70% signal quality. I rotated the LNB to just 4 degrees from normal, and I still get a signal on 11760 but not the other transponders. I can't get anything on the 11840 TP anyways. I don't seem to have any problem with the other satellites since it's only a 4 degree difference. I think I'll leave it skewed there. Do these channels only have programming during primetime?

I'd say yes, but I don't watch them much. I think the soaps are on during the day, though, if you wanted to check around 1pm local time. Days of Our Lives, and whatever comes after that one, you'll probably find on one of those tps or another. If I really wanted to see those, I think I would just put up a separate dish , skewed wildly to match 103's skew.

There will be a black screen when local programming is on. About 15 minutes prior to a network program, color bars and tone will come up. That will go black 30 seconds before the start of the program.

I'd just wait a few weeks and see if the new bird is going to stop at 103W this time. At the rate it was going the last time I checked, it should be there in time for the equinox.

You're saying that there's a satellite going to replace AMC-1 soon? I can't seem to find anything on Google. Perhaps it's a secret until it's finally in position. I was reading that the odd skew was done to counteract rain fade, but the replacement of AMC 1 will not have this odd skew... whatever the replacement may be.

Last edited:
There is a beter way when using a motorized dish.

• Secure a 2nd LNBF that is skewed for 103w to the left or right side of existing LNBF. Use this LNBF only for the 103w satellite.
  • Insert a 22KHz switch with the 0khz position for your regular satellite LNBF and the 22khz side for the 103w LNBF.
  • Save the 103w position as a DiSEqC 1.2 setting to account for the 5-7 degree offset of this 2nd LNBF.

Now whenever you select the 103w satellite, the motor will automatically drive the dish to the corrected offset angle!
This is the most AMAZING idea posted here in a long time! Such a simple solution for a complicated problem!

Now I just got to figure how to attach two LNB's together. :D I am guessing this should work fine on a 4 foot Fortec dish.

This is the most AMAZING idea posted here in a long time! Such a simple solution for a complicated problem!

Now I just got to figure how to attach two LNB's together. :D I am guessing this should work fine on a 4 foot Fortec dish.

Red Green provides the simplest solution: duct tape.

If you want to be real fancy, you can get emt hangers at Home Depot and bolt the special skewed lnb off of the regular feed arm, and move to peak it perfectly.

Look at that: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cat...=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=SEARCH+ALL

You'd almost think they were MADE just for hanging extra lnb's! lol

P.s. Think what would happen if you bolted two emt hangers head to head, clamped one on the normal lnb, and put the new lnb in the other hanger to hang there once all tightened down...

You're saying that there's a satellite going to replace AMC-1 soon? I can't seem to find anything on Google. Perhaps it's a secret until it's finally in position. I was reading that the odd skew was done to counteract rain fade, but the replacement of AMC 1 will not have this odd skew... whatever the replacement may be.

There is indeed a lack of public information about it right now, I don't know why. I'm only going on the fact that LyngSat says it's moving again.

The satellite in question was launched in early 2011. Prior to launch, it was said to be the replacement for AMC-1. After launch, however, the press releases about it said that it would replace AMC-1 in "summer 2012." Everyone assumed that it was a typo until, after completing in-orbit testing, it didn't go to 103W after all, but someplace on the other side of the world. Everyone assumed that this was some sort of secret mission related to the infrared sensor payload that they had admitted it was flying, but eventually they put out a press release to the effect that they had decided that they needed the capacity more in the other location than over here. But privately, they still said that it would go to 103W in 2012. A few weeks ago, I was looking at the Atlantic satellite listings on LyngSat and I noticed that it was over the Atlantic and heading west, so I can only assume that it's finally going to 103W this time!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts