Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
....Gone? I checked with the Pansat 9200 and the Coolsat 8000. Nothing. The Gospel channel that scans in as "service 1" is booming, but NBC is gone. I have a dedicated 1.2m Channel Master on this bird, specifically for these. Gone for others too? :confused:

I'm seeing nothing on the BLSA at this time. But it's not the first time that it's disappeared for awhile.

Thanks photoman. I didn't think it was on my end, but confirmation is still comforting.:)
...But it's not the first time that it's disappeared for awhile...
I've seen black screens on all 4 of them before, but this is the first time I've seen the signal itself actually gone.

I was watching NBC news at 6:30, all was well. About 10 minutes into the news, the signal started to drop, picture all broken up. Finally it went Black 8valve

Weather at the uplink site?

That could be and if that were the case then the stations would be switched to a back up uplink to say AMC1 where they run feeds at times. Or the C-band bird which is more to the west (can't remember which one). Looked it up that would AMC 18.

Dont know where the uplink is!but a pretty big snowstorm now in effect in the northeast!maybe thts the problem.

They have the main one in New York coming out of 30 Rock: NBC's main facility in Rockefeller Center, New York. The backup W.Coast facility is out of LA. They have several regional ones at the larger NBC affiliates but those are for sending in primarily news feeds; like Washington DC, Atlanta, Austin, Phoenix, and Seattle. The regional ones also uplink for other companies too. I have in the past spoken with the uplink facility when I worked for an NBC stations.

That's what I was thinking. The big snow storm maybe to blame........glad its back though. :D

I forgot all about the snowstorm they got in NYC last night. I thought it was related to Comcast's aquisition of NBC/Universal. :eek: I'm glad they're back too. :)

I like snow but lately we have been getting a snowstorm every week and i dont have anymore room for it with 3 feet on the ground.

I know, I saw the pictures on the news.
I grew up in the NYC metro area before moving here to Florida in 1991, and I remember snowy winters, but NOTHING like what's been going on up there lately! :eek:

Well the FCC and the justice Dept just screwed every viewer/consumer in the United States with the NBC/ Comcast sellout. The head of this ComCrap giant just said that the ideal multi-media company has just been created, but he didnt mention who this ideal company is going to benefit, but my gut feeling is that it isnt going to be good for the average viewer/consumer of their content. Grab your A** and get ready for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)