NBC on103w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatPhreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
Yesterday I blind scanned 103w and got NBC mountain and west at 65%. Did they change something on this Sat to increase the signal?

I couldn't get COZI and the east feeds, but it was nice to get some of the channels.

Yesterday, I watched 103W Ku for a bit and didn't notice anything different. As we were getting freezing rain at the time, I checked Q on some of the transponders and they appeared to be 'normal' (i.e., 72-75%).

Are you using a dedicated dish with the LNBF set to the wonky skew?? (~22° from where it 'should' be)

No I'm using a motorized 90 cm dish with skew set at zero. I never got these in ever before. The other nbc transponders are not locking with a level of 7 to 10 quality.

Interesting......I found that the east feed tp has changed in strength compared to the west feed. Before a month ago I used to get about 80-82% (depending on how cold it is). Now it stays at 76-78%. The west feed can reach as high as 92%, which never changed. If I manually move the dish (using 1.2) COZI will come in at high as 84%, but if I use the USALS setting, it is around 76-78%. The lnb skew hasn't changed.

Interesting......I found that the east feed tp has changed in strength compared to the west feed. Before a month ago I used to get about 80-82% (depending on how cold it is). Now it stays at 76-78%. The west feed can reach as high as 92%, which never changed. If I manually move the dish (using 1.2) COZI will come in at high as 84%, but if I use the USALS setting, it is around 76-78%. The lnb skew hasn't changed.
When in USAL, change the birds orbital position from 103 to say 103.2 or down .2. I have peaked some of my sat in this manner.

After NBC went out, I still had the Huntington Pier tape, and Microspace. Next day all gone. Maybe time to check the old "thingie" at the end of the dish. That amp is very old and may just decided it was tired of the cold and quit.

Well, the FTA gremlins got to my PrimeStar on 103. All NBC goes totally out. The pier and MicroSpace play with signal 90 and Quality 76. Then the pier goes off. Next day MicroSpace gone. Dead dish. Almost a week later Micro is on. Next day pier is back. Today all NBC is back with signal 90 quality 76. I did not have a week long storm. If storm, all should have been out. ????? Maybe is was snow fleas. Totally unknown. ???

Yes, kind of thinking it may be going bad. Very old LNB. Just been too darn cold to even think of changing it. Fingers of little use with gloves on and freeze up quick without. I guess I could set my heater on a table and blow the heat at me. A little extreme.
Connection has always had a good sealer on it. That gray stuff that looks and almost feels like moulding clay.
Blasted winter keeps me from working on dishes and going out and doing some flying. Maybe best to learn how to hibernate and go to bed in November and get up in April. Naaaaa, guess just go out to wood shop and build something.....

Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)