NCAA Football 2009-10 PreSeason

Bold prediction: Big-12 takes down SEC on September 5, when OK State beats Georgia.
How is that possible? :confused:
All the Big 10 excuse makers keep saying that the SEC never plays teams from outside the Southeast? ;)

Either way, it'll be a tough game (and year) for the Dawgs, losing both Stafford & especially Moreno is going to hurt.

I'm surprised- a Gator fan speaking positively about their blood rivals.

P.S. I don't expect a great FSU team. This may be the year they miss a bowl game.

I dont fear them for us. I dont think they are at that level, but they have a good QB and there Running back may break some records this year. They havea good shot at winning their conference.

UF though will destroy them yet again.. I miss a strong FSU team though. I miss the 90s when it was a coin flip who would win, and you really wanted to watch the game. It quite possibly could decide the national champion game player. (It did a couple times, and once even the national title holder) Now a days though FSU has been but a shell. So we consider that game an "already won game" This year though FSU will be tough, but not somthing to be fearful of.

:rolleyes: You know, you're making a lot of people on this board anxious to see the Gators stumble on their ass this year. But you're a Gator fan, so the cockiness is understandable.

Well, considering the game, he has a point. The gators are killing people, and FSU, while improving is not there yet.

:rolleyes: You know, you're making a lot of people on this board anxious to see the Gators stumble on their ass this year. But you're a Gator fan, so the cockiness is understandable.

Duh ;)

But come on, FSU has been a push over for the gators the last several years.

2008 - 45 - 15
2007 - 45- 12
2006 - 21 - 14
2005 - 34 - 7
2004 - 20 - 13
2003 - 38 - 34 (FSU Wins) (FLA lost 5 games this year)
2002 - 31 - 14 (FSU WIns)

So aside from the years when FLA was going from Steve to a new coach and rebuilding (when they really stunk up the place) They have the last 5 years dominated FSU.

It was the opposite case in the 90s when FSU was a dominate team and really beat the gators more often then not.

and judgeing by the roster, FLA returning all its Defense power. and Much of its offense power, and While FSU is much better then last year I still do not think they are on that level of play yet.

Overall its 33-19-2 in favor of the Gators vs FSU

\http://www.gatorzone.com/football/media/2008/pdf/172.pdf

Duh ;)

But come on, FSU has been a push over for the gators the last several years.

2008 - 45 - 15
2007 - 45- 12
2006 - 21 - 14
2005 - 34 - 7
2004 - 20 - 13
2003 - 38 - 34 (FSU Wins) (FLA lost 5 games this year)
2002 - 31 - 14 (FSU WIns)

So aside from the years when FLA was going from Steve to a new coach and rebuilding (when they really stunk up the place) They have the last 5 years dominated FSU.

It was the opposite case in the 90s when FSU was a dominate team and really beat the gators more often then not.

and judgeing by the roster, FLA returning all its Defense power. and Much of its offense power, and While FSU is much better then last year I still do not think they are on that level of play yet.

Overall its 33-19-2 in favor of the Gators vs FSU

\http://www.gatorzone.com/football/media/2008/pdf/172.pdf

Too bad they do not play Miami more. That would be alot of fun. But for some reason, for ALL the years that these two schools have been in existance, they have ONLY played each other 53 times. ....The U 28 wins, the Gators 25 wins!;)

Too bad they do not play Miami more. That would be alot of fun. But for some reason, for ALL the years that these two schools have been in existance, they have ONLY played each other 53 times. ....The U 28 wins, the Gators 25 wins!;)
Probably because Florida doesn't want 2 big in-state games every year (they have no choice with FSU, since both are State schools, and the legislature won't let them not play each other, but Miami is private so they don't have to schedule anyone they don't want to).
FSU on the other hand had no problem burning 2 of their OOC conference games on 2 big in-state rivals (no longer the case, now that Miami is in the ACC).
You'd be hard pressed to find many schools that have more than 1 permanent OOC games, usually they keep that no at 1, and Fla is no exception nor is Miami.

Plus, before the late-70's, Miami wasn't considered a high caliber team, and no more worthy of being on Florida's schedule than Central Florida or South Florida. Therefore there hasn't a long history maintained.

Paulus named Orange's starting QB

Syracuse is going all in on the Greg Paulus experiment.

Orange head coach Doug Marrone officially named the former Duke basketball player as his starting quarterback on Monday night, even though Paulus has not played football in four years and has never played a collegiate snap.

Could be a tough season for the Orange....

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4406074"]Former Duke Blue Devils point guard Greg Paulus named Syracuse Orange starting quarterback - ESPN[/ame]

A rather large roll of the proverbial dice frpm Marrone so to speak.

That being said though, a couple of breaks that could go the Orangemen's way and they could be knocking on the door of mediocrity which would put them in the Hunt for a top half Conference finish in their League.

Is SEC defense really that good or is it a benefactor of horrible offense?

Personally, I think it's a case of crappy offense.

Last year, other than Georgia and Alabama, Florida played a bunch of terrible offenses- Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina.

I find it funny how everyone criticizes the Big 12 for having no defense, but nobody says anything about the SEC having weak offenses.

Football Pick'em Pool

NFL Broadcast Policies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)