Need 8ft C Band Mesh Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mike has had my 100% support on a "Made in America" dish. Hope that this will be a reality as the import options are very expensive to build and transport. Unfortunately, in the unknowns of planning and production, time is not on our side....

My fear is that as the used inventory continues to decline in the absence of new quality dishes, this will accelerate the downward spiral of the C-band hobby and encourage the cheap junk to be distributed. The resulting dissatisfaction by hobbyist who find rusting flimsy crap in their yards and their bank accounts $500+ lighter certainly won't increase interest in the hobby.

Quality stuff can be imported, but we certainly don't want this inventory investment to jeopardize a "Made in America" project! Any concrete timelines for this dish project?

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Too bad rain fade is such a problem at Ku - not to mention how quickly the signal is wiped out by a small dusting of snow and/or ice. Otherwise we might have a lot more people buying small dishes. I wouldn't mind getting rid of these monster 12 footers in my back yard. Not to mention how expensive it is to replace mesh after a hail storm.

Where are you located,I can"t seem to find a physical address,and what is your telephone number,none listed.How long have you been in business under the name Tek 2000?Tried to send an e-mail and it's not going through???????????????????????????

Very well said Mike Kohl..Being a Tool and Die Maker I understand from the ground level how all this works and I can say it is very hard to justify the cost of tooling up for production when the market is so small...

For sh*ts and giggles.. how much would it cost to get the right tools for a prod line?

The thing that worries me about these Tek 2000 dish's is for that price I would expect the quality to be the quality of the "Robbie Special"

I am not sure too many people would want one of those.

But if they want to ship me one to review I would be happy to give it an honest review. :)

I was thinking about the same thing but didnt want to speak on anyone behalf.
Personally, a Satguys review would be worth its weight in gold IMO.

I'd pitch in a few bucks is needed.

Cheers, K

BTW, a member here posted he bought a 240cm MESH from them and was happy w/ the performance but he hasnt posted any pics yet

i had bought a 8ft solid dish from tek2000, but have not put it together yet maybe in a few weeks.

Not sure what a "robbie special" is, but for $349, you are getting a quality dish from them.

I don't understand why people who want to dabble in this hobby and watch some TV as well, should have to daily scour Craiglist postings for some ancient dish relic from the 1980s that someone, somewhere is throwing away and wants $100 and for you to take it apart and haul it away, not to mention having to replace deformed ribs, missing mesh, etc. This was a complete turn off for me.

I am sure Tek2000 would send you a sample to review on this site. Maybe if one of the mods needs a replacement dish and would do a review, it might be worth it. By the way, ask them for the 10ft dish since I already own the 8ft and can post pics and results already.

Can I upload pics directly in this thread? If it is sunny tomorrow and no snow/rain, I will take some closeup pics!

Cheers!!!

Yes please post up some pics.

Am a bit surprised PwrSurge hasnt participated in this thread as Tek2000 operates relatively close to him. Maybe he knows them or heard about them locally.

Cheers, K

I am sure Tek2000 would send you a sample to review on this site. Maybe if one of the mods needs a replacement dish and would do a review, it might be worth it. By the way, ask them for the 10ft dish since I already own the 8ft and can post pics and results already.

Can I upload pics directly in this thread? If it is sunny tomorrow and no snow/rain, I will take some closeup pics!
You can definitely post pics here! And I would love to review one of their mesh dish's! (Would like a 10 footer)

The Robbie Special was joked around as the metal was about as thick as 4 pieces of tin foil stuck together. While it worked for most it didn't work long because the metal was blown out of shape.

Put it this way, my "special's" 6 panels were warped out of the box I couldnt secure the ring behind them which attached to the polar mount.

I read so much about how expensive a quality new mesh C-band dish would cost. So I read that it is not a viable business. Can somebody give a number for cost of a quality 10-foot new dish, assuming one was available? Then we could respond to a poll of how much we would personally pay.

Keep in mind there are almost zero used 10-foot C-band dishes left in Canada, in most areas. Also remember that even lower levels of cable or pizza dish can cost $720+ per year easily. Not hard to justify an expensive FTA C-band dish.

If anyone in the Southern QC, Northern VT/NY or NH is interested in a 10 or 12ft mesh dish... I can hook you up with some owners who want them gone.

I can probably say the same about central New Brunswick. Go to Highway 8!. You could get 3 or 4. But having a brand new dish with new hardware delivered to your home is something else again.

We had a good discussion about this last night on Satellite Nation. (The audio is in the SatelliteGuys Radio forum)

I think we want it to be real but having a hard time believing it is, and explain our reasons why on the show.

Looks like there up to 2 positive feedbacks on ebay now. And an 8ft was sold using the other ebay member id.

tek2000fb.JPG

Not sure what a gi joe potato is but agree a review from a veteran form member would go a long way with me.

Yep, cause they may have left positive feedback based solely on that they got it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts