Need 8ft C Band Mesh Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

homer107.gif

i can say that two years ago i bought a 180cm c/ku prime foucus dish from sadoum, and its a great working dish,the 8ft solid that i bought from tek2000 has the same quality.

i can say that two years ago i bought a 180cm c/ku prime foucus dish from sadoum, and its a great working dish,the 8ft solid that i bought from tek2000 has the same quality.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The 4 panel and 6 panel design will be problematic for KU band and tight C-band reception. Likely would be adequate for C-band, but decreased surface accuracy will not have the same performance as compared with similar size solid or increased multi-panel quality designs. Performance and design consideration isn't going to be as simple as comparing with a 180cm petal type dish. Hopefully a member will be able to compare with similar size quality builds and provide side lobe attenuation and beam-width comparisons.

I have to agree, the current reviews only indicate that the company has shipped two dishes and one of them is damaged. For starters, it would be great to see close-up photos of the shipping cartons, how they were delivered, build quality and a PDF of the assembly guide.

For some reason, quotes aren't working today. They are giving me a "missing security token" error.

You should have seen the boxes when my 6ft dish was delivered from Sadoun. A couple big rips all the way through, and half of the hardware (bolts and nuts) missing. Hardly any tape on the outside, but thank God they used some nylon straps all the way around. Everything inside was loose and sliding around, and the only reason the panels themselves didn't get damaged, was a miracle. The "assembly guide" was a torn up photocopied 1 sheet explosion diagram that was impossible to use. Without going through some threads here, it could have been difficult to assemble for anybody. I wouldn't have shipped anything with that skimpy of materials and packaging, much less a satellite dish. Ultimately, it turned out ok for a 6 footer, but I quickly upgraded to a 10ft dish and put that 6 footer one in a shed. It's a good dish for what it is, but that's it.

Last edited:
I think somebody should turn them all into solar collector units instead of sending it all to rehab! Its a non-simple stamp mill; can't cost more than 10,000k per run; make the panels slip in like mesh if they buy the solar kit; like the ups orbitron; but use solid smooth panel; and your pick or mine China / Korea? Make the frame aircraft aluminum and the panel solid of the lightweight steel ; then you are talking larger, 8 foot; and mesh too from aluminum! Now look at the double market. One is solar; other is satellite ; both from the same assembly!

Also remember that even lower levels of cable or pizza dish can cost $720+ per year easily. Not hard to justify an expensive FTA C-band dish.

One thing to keep in mind here though is that FTA IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR SUBSCRIPTION PROGRAMMING. I'd bet that a majority of the members here with FTA systems STILL have subs for family TV. If my Darling Wife wasn't a book worm (has a Kindle Fire) I'd probably have to have a sub for TV service here at home.

We have a Bell sub, $1200/yr, so my Darling can watch and PVR her favorite shows... The FTA system is too complex for her to figure out, and doesn't have the channels she likes.

One thing to keep in mind here though is that FTA IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR SUBSCRIPTION PROGRAMMING. I'd bet that a majority of the members here with FTA systems STILL have subs for family TV. If my Darling Wife wasn't a book worm (has a Kindle Fire) I'd probably have to have a sub for TV service here at home.

Same here have a DISH Sub, so the wife can have her shows. I must admit though there are a few I watch since we have it. FTA is for sure a hobby here also, and I love it!

Still no pics of the Tek200 dish yet....? I am curious too of the quality. I really do not want to restore an old dish that needs mesh, or rusted out hardware, by the time you take it down, relocate it to your place, then restore it...you might as well have bought a new one. Cause the gas and labor you spend would be the same cost as a new dish. This is just my 2 cents, but I want to see the pics of Rooneysat's install of the Tek2000 dish!

BUT!!! I am NOT interested in China, or overseas dishes! I don't mind Canada or Mexico if they are quality. I would rather have made in the good ole USA!

There have been a few reviews of the Tek2000 dish. Not a bad dish for the money.

You can order it from Amazon and are covered by Amazon protection. :D

Reactions: TheHamNerd
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)