Need a little help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr_Flintstone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
KY
Hey guys. I used to have a fixed KU setup back when there was lots of on Galaxy 18. When that stuff left I kinda put FTA on the back burner. Sunday I started wondering if everything still worked, and decided to go for 125W PBS channels. I have a 30 inch offset dish and a Coolsat 8000 with the 8PSK module, and it did SD, HD, and S2 when I put it away. I got the TPs from lyngsat and downloaded a free dish pointing app for my iPad. I was able to scan channels from 123W and I got good signal from 127, but not a blip from 125. I double checked my elevation, azimuth, and skew, but still nothing. Are these channels hard to catch?

After I couldn't catch the PBS channels, I swung it around to 103 to see if I could get any of those. I readjusted everything, and was able to scan Huntington Beach, and one of the NBC feeds (but it was really low signal quality). If I can get those, I should surely be able to get PBS. Any ideas?

Yep, 125W can be difficult to get. I have a 90cm (36") Fortec Star and all channels except OETA come in on 125W unless it rains heavy.

Last edited:
Yeah a few months ago they did something, so I put a 1.2M on it to compensate.

That's a bummer. It used to be pretty strong. What about LPB? How hard is it to get?

Oh well, does anyone have any info when AMC 1 might switch to SES 3?

Last edited:
PBS has been a pain for a long time even on my 36" Primestar dish. If the weather is great it's an easy catch for me....clouds and rain forget it. OETA PBS is even harder lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts