Need DIRT HELP Denied Hopper 3 upgrade because of Italian Channels

RobHasDish

Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
Stamford, CT
Being Denied Hopper 3 upgrade because of Italian channels. Tech was just here and said he could do the install, but Dish CSR said they could not create work order and refused to turn on the programming. I spent an hour on the phone with Kyle from Phoenix call center last weekend, and he said it could be done with the Italian channels. Completely frustrated. Dish sent someone here for nothing today. Bad customer service! Can someone from the DIRT team please contact me so I can make this happen? Thank you!

Unfortunately this has been an issue for people receiving international channels. While it's completely doable and some did manage to get this done early on. Dish has taken a hard stance not allowing it until the new switch they're working on comes out.

For now your only choice to do the H3 upgrade would be to drop the Italian channels. You could probably get them thru a roku.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. The most frustrating thing is being told it could be done by Dish, and having an installer in front of you willing to make it happen, only to be told be Dish CSR it's not happening. It's confusing when the week before I was told it could happen. Is it worth escalating this to Dish Corporate? Do they even care?

Maybe a retention csr could help. Possibly get a free run for Italian channels on sling, free h3 upgrade and maybe some other perks.

IMO it would be worth a try while the iron is still hot. Good luck.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm going to try the retention department. Was going to cancel Dish today anyway because they flat out lied about the upgrade. Never thought I would consider going back to Cablevision until today. Wasted my time this morning and the techs' time. Thanks for your suggestion!

2 dish solution if you are ok with that. Drop the Italian, do the upgrade, have the tech install the 2nd dish, activate, add back the Italian channels. NOTE: requires the dish pro version on international lnb.

Sent from my LG-D851 using the SatelliteGuys app!

We already have two Dishes on the roof and so I wouldn't have had a problem switching the LNB's and/or Dishes, etc. The CSR manager was willing to approve the scenario you described above, but told the tech that if it didn't work, he'd have to put everything back the way it was. Tech said that would get him in trouble and I didn't want to put him on the spot. How should I proceed with doing what you described? Calling and setting up an upgrade appointment or a regular tech appointment for service? The problem
Seems to be installer vs. CSR not wanting to write this special work order and they refuse to turn on programming.

Reactions: SpringerTigger
We already have two Dishes on the roof and so I wouldn't have had a problem switching the LNB's and/or Dishes, etc. The CSR manager was willing to approve the scenario you described above, but told the tech that if it didn't work, he'd have to put everything back the way it was. Tech said that would get him in trouble and I didn't want to put him on the spot. How should I proceed with doing what you described? Calling and setting up an upgrade appointment or a regular tech appointment for service? The problem
Seems to be installer vs. CSR not wanting to write this special work order and they refuse to turn on programming.
The problem isn't the CSR it is DISH policy where the RIGHT hand doesn't know what the LEFT hand is doing. In the rush to get the Hopper 3 to market they didn't have the technology ready to support the whole system. Most people can upgrade but some like internationals have to wait.

If you are willing to wait a little time, the new hybrid 42 switch, which is in testing, will allow you to get your Hopper 3 with your Italian package with no rigamarole....

Reactions: charlesrshell

Call a local retailer if you have a good one. They'll get it done for you. :)

Good news. I got a smart Dish CSR on the phone today. Nice Polish woman out of Denver, CO who was very familiar with my issue because she had experienced the same thing when trying to upgrade to Hopper 3 with her International programming. Long story short, she found the right manager to give the approvals and set up the work order correctly this time. I am scheduled for free Hopper 3 upgrade next weekend with both my US programming and my Italian channels. My advice is to keep trying until you get the right person or ... find a retailer, as someone mentioned above. Unfortunately, closest reltailer to me was in NYC and they didn't want to come up to the country. I really have to say that Dishs' customer service was horrible!!! I spoke to maybe 7 people during the past week about this and got 7 different answers. So, wasted time on the phone, through chat, and wasted service call from installer earlier today. They really need to train their staff so everyone is on the same page. They come across as amateurs in the business when I know they are not. What gives Dish?????!!!!!

Spoke with Ryan Vogler from the Dish Executive Escalations Department this afternoon. Said he wasn't sure why, but my tech last weekend should have been able to install my Hopper 3 and give me my Italian channels, too. He wasn't sure why I was told several different things by several different Dish CSR's. BOTTTOM LINE ... if they say you can't do a Hopper 3 upgrade with International programming, go straight to these guys in the Executive Escalations Department. Don't waste hours on the phone, as I did, with several well intentioned Dish CSR's and managers that don't know what they're talking about. By the way, Ryan Vogler did not take ownership of my bad customer service experience, in my opinion. Basically felt like I was told I should just be happy I'm getting the Hopper 3 upgrade for free, which is what I was promised anyway to start with. Ryan needs to run for political office, because in my opinion, he was full of ****. My contract expires in May. I will try to negotiate a renewal deal at that time. If anyone has suggestions about doing that, would love to hear it. Don't anticipate any problems with my install this weekend. Looking forward to it now!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)