Need Help on Fta set up with European receiver and DP set up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can reuse the center lnb they do work for fta but you need scan vertical only or you get double amount of channels. It will take time to work with that lnb. Fss is the one you need.
Thank you danristheman,
I have 1 more question, can i combine the center lnb along with Ku band fta lnb and connect them to the same receiver?

What do you mean by combine?
If you want to have the lnbf off the SuperDish point at one bird and another LNBF pointed at another yes can do that. Use a DiSEqC Switch.

Reactions: danristheman
What do you mean by combine?
If you want to have the lnbf off the SuperDish point at one bird and another LNBF pointed at another yes can do that. Use a DiSEqC Switch.
Thank you,
I could not get around to install it today, however the receiver is scanning now.it Found transponders with running blind scan.

3000? Do you mean 300?

97w ku band is one my favorite satellites try to get 91w ku, 87w ku or 101w ku. Once you get your feet wet talk to our vendors for a better reciever for NA market. Amiko nano is what I have try a mini hd se, amiko has good products I recommend those products. Wallyhts, ke4est, t134 joe fridgefta and Mr Metal himself Brian over at titiaum satellite can help you out to.

Danristheman,
You must be either on west coast or a night owl :) thanks for the valuable info.
see some screen shots from last night receiver search. it shows the transponders and channels. last was 3432 channels and no radio. i could not view the channels though? not because they are scrambled or anything, but simply the scanned channels has no signals? is that possible?
I will give that receiver another shot this weekend ad if it does not cooperate :) i will just let me in-laws take it back since it would work back home for them.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 120
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 130
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 118
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 108
If a DP LNBF is scanned using the wrong setting in the receiver's installation menu, this will be the result. The receiver has scanned the same channels 4 times. All scanned channels are from an encrypted satellite, probably Dish Network.

You don't need to buy a new receiver. Yours will work just fine for receiving 97w. Just need the correct settings in the menus and a larger dish with your LNBF and aimed correctly.

1. How did you determine that the dish is properly aimed at Galaxy 19 satellite? If you just hooked-up and scanned, the dish was likely properly aimed for the Dish Network satellites and not for G19.

2. What is the LNB LO setting? It looks like it is not correctly set to be used with a DP LNBF. I guess that the setting in the installation menu is set to Universal 9750/10600? Try 11250 instead and only scan the horizontal polarity.

3. How is the correct LNBF selected from the three units mounted on the DP dish? The receiver installation menu has a DiSEqC switch setting menu. Off the top of my head, I don't remember the correct setting for selecting each of the three LNBFs. Maybe another member could suggest the correct DiSEqC setting for this dish.

Bottom line.... The receiver is working. Get a 75 -90cm dish with your universal LNBF and you will soon be watching Galaxy 19. :D

Last edited:
I have used a satellite finder to aim the dish along with help from http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm
I used the center oem lnbf as it was suggested that it would work for FTA channels.
Only the center lnbf was connected to the receiver directly instead of using DiSEqC
Now, I am looking to get a dish 36'' and up.
What would you suggest; should I get c band lnb as well and hooked them up or just universal. I would like to pick as many satellites as I can.
I know the larger dish the more I can get but I dont feel like dealing with HOA these days:eeek
What your thoughts on motorized 36'' or 39'' dish with multi lnb set ups?

If you used an inexpensive little inline meter, you could be on any satellite. You are definitely not on 97w, but rather on a subscription satellite.

I would suggest buying the dish that was mentioned earlier and mount on a Stab HH90 motor for KU-band reception. To have any reliable reception of C-band signals you will need a 8-10ft dish. C-band on a 1 or 1.2m dish is experimental and you would only receive a small portion of available channels and they will be boarder-line even in perfect clear skies. A few members including myself have a fixed 1 or 1.2m dish on 99w for a few strong c-band transponders carrying a few desirable channels.

Reactions: trk09
Can you edit the existing list of European sats? In other words rename the sats with N. American sats and change the orbital positions.

I
If you used an inexpensive little inline meter, you could be on any satellite. You are definitely not on 97w, but rather on a subscription satellite.

I would suggest buying the dish that was mentioned earlier and mount on a Stab HH90 motor for KU-band reception. To have any reliable reception of C-band signals you will need a 8-10ft dish. C-band on a 1 or 1.2m dish is experimental and you would only receive a small portion of available channels and they will be boarder-line even in perfect clear skies. A few members including myself have a fixed 1 or 1.2m dish on 99w for a few strong c-band transponders carrying a few desirable channels.
I am certainly looking into buying a 36" or 39" dish.
And yes you are correct, i have a basic meter for satellite finding. The channels are not named, rather had PRxxx numbered channels. When i choose the channel, it does not even show the strength and quality of the signal which is always shown on that receiver.

Can you edit the existing list of European sats? In other words rename the sats with N. American sats and change the orbital positions.
I can but i dont have to, i can manually enter satellites. But like others said, it is the dish what is causing the problem i believe. I am certainly looking to get an fta dish to remedy that problem.

I really wouldn't worry about the channels that have been previously scanned.

The pay satellite was scanned with the wrong LNB LO frequencies and both polarities. Maybe you corrected the LNB LO frequency and did not delete and blind scan only the horizontal polarity again? DPs are bandstacked and both polarities are on horizontal polarity.

Channel names will not automatically propagate from these pay satellites.

What satellite meter are you using?

Also take your time you will get the hang of it. When I used my old sonic view recievers I reused and old directv slimline dtv dish with a super dish lnb mod. Worked well for me got me started I found ses 1 101w found pentagon channel. I used the setting 10750 and scan vertical only try ses 1 first then go from there. I am a night owl here in Indiana trying to give a hoot.

Reactions: trk09
image.jpg image.jpg
I really wouldn't worry about the channels that have been previously scanned.

The pay satellite was scanned with the wrong LNB LO frequencies and both polarities. Maybe you corrected the LNB LO frequency and did not delete and blind scan only the horizontal polarity again? DPs are bandstacked and both polarities are on horizontal polarity.

Channel names will not automatically propagate from these pay satellites.

What satellite meter are you using?
I actually did the scan with the existing center oem lnb that was on the dish. But you are correct about the polarities were scanned. It did scan H then V polarities. It also did find a lot of transponders too. The channels were registered were 31 and non of them can be viewed.
The meter i used is a cheap one like i have seen on the net, see below.
Thats the univ. lnb i brought with m. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also take your time you will get the hang of it. When I used my old sonic view recievers I reused and old directv slimline dtv dish with a super dish lnb mod. Worked well for me got me started I found ses 1 101w found pentagon channel. I used the setting 10750 and scan vertical only try ses 1 first then go from there. I am a night owl here in Indiana trying to give a hoot.
I am going to invest in an fta dish since me and my family like to watch international channels. I wish there were more EU channels available in NA. The good news about that part is, i believe Turksat will having a direct sat for NA in 2020:) and the most of them are fta channels. But i am not sure how many EU channels will be available via that satellite.

Any satellite will provide a signal on that meter. A signal reading on that meter only indicates that you are aimed at something that produces RF. This could be a satellite or even a light bulb!

To identify the satellite, an active transponder must entered into the receiver and the correct LNB LO frequency selected (matching the connected LNBF). A Signal Quality reading on the receiver will usually indicate that the dish is aimed at the correct satellite.

Let us know if you need assistance when you receive the new dish. BTW.... You might find this dish aiming program more useful: www.dishponter.com

Any satellite will provide a signal on that meter. A signal reading on that meter only indicates that you are aimed at something that produces RF. This could be a satellite or even a light bulb!

To identify the satellite, an active transponder must entered into the receiver and the correct LNB LO frequency selected (matching the connected LNBF). A Signal Quality reading on the receiver will usually indicate that the dish is aimed at the correct satellite.

Let us know if you need assistance when you receive the new dish. BTW.... You might find this dish aiming program more useful: www.dishponter.com
Thank you Titanium,
This is a great forum with great members willing to help. I think i will start with the dish first and and maybe later add the motor. I will keep you guys updated .
:thumbup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)