Need remote code for Westinghouse LTV-19w3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shamus46

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Chemung, NY
I just got a Westinghouse Widescreen LCD TV Model LTV-19w3. I am using it with a D11 receiver with a RC-23 remote. I have tried all the codes I can find and the volume works great but I can not turn the TV off without putting the mode button on TV. Is there a code that will allow me the use the TV on and off button in the receiver mode?
Thanks,
Shamus46

Yes the sony code works for the OP, what doesn't work is the TV ON & OFF keys. Westinghouse sets that respond to the sony code, do not respond to the sony discretes,and that what is mapped to the TV ON & OFF keys on the white remotes.

sony codes are 11100, 10000, 10080, 10111, 10834. Code 10000 has the discretes, others just punch-through the toggle power command, which is what probably works your set.

You have the correct code it seems, all televisions do not act the same way with that remote. There probably is not another code that would fix this. Several tv brands make you switch the tv switch in order to cut the tv off. I have found a couple different brands that this is consistant with. That's just how it is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts