Netflix free for a year question.

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Has anyone had a problem with getting their free Netflix subscription to work? I keep getting a message on the Netflix site saying "cannot process, try again later".

I already had a Netflix subscription, but was able to use the code to credit my account for the amount of the free Netflix. It means I won't get a Netflix bill for about 13 months.

I got the H3 upgrade with $360 in my choice of $30/month for a year or $15/month for 2 years on a 2 year contract that also included the free year of Netflix. What email address does the code actually come from? It needs to be redeemed by 02/29 from what I heard. I need to upgrade my Internet connection first as 4K requires 25Mbps per Netflix and I only have 6Mbps now.

For new Netflix customers, it seems like it will really be 13 months free as Netflix gives the first month free except for the Hopper 3 with a 4K TV, you need the $11.99/month plan. DISH pays for $9.99/month for a total credit of around $119.99/month. Is Netflix going to use the credit until it's all gone before billing or are they only going to use $9.99 and bill the $2.00 each month. Also, does Netflix have anything like a vacation hold to freeze the account for that month?

For new Netflix customers, it seems like it will really be 13 months free as Netflix gives the first month free except for the Hopper 3 with a 4K TV, you need the $11.99/month plan. DISH pays for $9.99/month for a total credit of around $119.99/month. Is Netflix going to use the credit until it's all gone before billing or are they only going to use $9.99 and bill the $2.00 each month. Also, does Netflix have anything like a vacation hold to freeze the account for that month?
They will use the 119.99 credit in full before billing. So you'll get a bit under a year with the 4K plan. The 119.99 is treated like a gift card attached to the account

Reactions: Almighty1
In my case, when I tried to use the code yesterday after signing up for a free month on the $11.99/month plan, it said the code is invalid or previously used and Netflix basically told me to ask DISH for a new code. DISH as I got responses from DIRT, Online chat on dish.com and from DISH Executive Escalations said they can only generate one code as it's a system limitations so was on chat for 2 hours with Netflix when their solution was to just give me $11.99x12 instead so instead of a $119.88 credit, I got a $143.88 credit instead. I noticed in one section on Netflix, it mentions taxes, are there ever taxes charged on top of the $11.99 fee, found the answer here as it depends which state one is in, California would be no while Florida would be yes:
http://www.taxrates.com/blog/2014/04/09/netflix-streaming-and-sales-tax-go-with-the-flow/

and I wonder if this would fall under Internet Services as my credit card has a 5% cash back rewards for that category.

jzZ439W.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)