New 5lnb are there many customers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Jimbos, sorry it's been a while since I could get on here.

I have not tried tuning the AT-9 without the birdog. The COVs at Bruister were the first to tackle the dishes when they came out, using only a $70 ChannelMaster, and didn't seem to have much trouble. I know the only reason they required us to invest in the Birdogs is because of the built-in meter of the H-20.......not accurate.

If you tweak it yourself with no meter, just try to balance the signal between the 101 and 119. If the best you can get is 83% on both (really in the 90's) the 110 should fall right in line. The main thing with these dishes is the preset. Just like with the triple-sat, once the settings are locked in, it's just a matter of azimuth to peak it in.

;)

Thanks Jimbo. Sorry it's been a while since I could get back on here.

If you install your own with the H20, the signal meter will show less signal than what you're actually getting. Wire everything up, and have your presets locked down. Try to get the signal of the 101 as close to the signal of the 119 as you can. If you can get both to like 83% (actually high 90's) tighten it up. The 110 will fall in line and the other birds will be there too.

If you use the HR-20, the signal meter is spot on. Both receivers have to download before set-up now according to our fax. I'm guessing the new download is for the OTA problems. We're supposed to do a "forced" download now before the set-up, meaning the dish has to be lined up first. You may be able to hook up another receiver set up for a triple sat dish and use it to peak the dish. To force the download, when the blue screen comes up saying receiver starting up, press 02468 on the remote and give it time. They'll search for the download.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts