New broad horizons for more 3D content on Blu Ray

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Realizing that there are many new movies being released now to the theater in 3D, it occurred to me that far less were being released in 3D BR disk. A quick search, and I discovered many of these were indeed being released but not in the US. Many are being released in the UK, Germany and France and China. But oftyen these are coded for other regions. I decided to get an all region 3D BR player and expand my shopping for disks world wide market.

Watching a movie that is region b coded for say Europe is usually in English with DTS MA especially if the production was US. Then just play it in a region free player. The disks are usually not that much more expensive and can be shipped with tracking to your home in a few days. Shipping is usually $3 from the UK.

I now have some popular movies in 3D not offered here, like Frozen, Maleficent, Ratatoulle, Close to the Edge, and Noah. Frozen 3D has been released in the US but only streaming from Vudu. If you have a good internet speed it looks really good. But for a little less money you can buy it from the UK. Some disks like Frozen are region free so you won't need a special player. But, having the region free player really broadens what you can watch.

The region free chip dongle can be had to plug into most USB ports on different players, or you can buy a player and plug in the chip on the main board. These cost usually under a hundred $$ for the dongle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)