New Channels Coming to Dish

I think your every day view at home sure makes up for the lack of a few channels we get. Boy that is some beautiful country.:)

Vacationed there, the only place where for me weep here you really forgot about everything back home while your on vacation :)

I would think a good number of Dish subscribers watch International channels, it would be great to see some of these channels get HD versions

I'm Portuguese myself, and I know a good chunk of relatives and friends and those in the Portuguese community would love RTPi offered in HD

On a personal note I also watch a lot of KBS World, that definitely needs to be added in HD

Mahalo,like they say,no place like home.

ForumRunner_20130707_160650.png

ForumRunner_20130707_160759.png

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using satelliteguys.

Have not heard of any new channels coming, though on the HD front, in September contract with Disney is up. What that brings who knows, hopefully good things and both sides work things out like HD being turned back on for ESPNU and the other Disney company HD channels that are not in HD.

If there is any "breaking news" on new HD/New Channels this is the site with the info! :)

If they don't give back the HD channels that they took away 3 years ago AND ESPNU in HD I'm either going to rage or go to Direct...or both. It is really a damn shame it has gone on this long.

If they don't give back the HD channels that they took away 3 years ago AND ESPNU in HD I'm either going to rage or go to Direct...or both. It is really a damn shame it has gone on this long.

Face it, you are destined to rage! It's in your history!!! :D

As an America's Top 120 subscriber, I'm 100% confident that even if any new channels WERE added, they wouldn't be added to my package. That's been the case for most of the recently-added channels.

Maybe Dish teases us a bit with the occasional free preview to try and get us to upgrade, but for the most part it's the more-expensive packages that get all the new stuff.

I couldn't care less about sports, shopping channels, MTV/VH1, etc... they're all programmed out of my channel list entirely. Meanwhile, there are existing channels I'd love to see: National Geographic, Cooking Channel, Science Channel, H2, and so on. I'd give up half of my Top 120 channels... which I don't even watch... just to get a few of the those I DO want.

What REALLY grinds my gears though is the fact that the networks have screwed us over: while I indeed get "The Discovery Channel" and "The History Channel", programming that used to be on them... the stuff I liked... has been moved to The Science Channel and H2. Meanwhile, the original channels have become reality TV crap 24/7. And of course, if I want the original programming that I used to enjoy, I need to upgrade two packages... just to watch the stuff that used to be included in what I have now.

What REALLY grinds my gears though is the fact that the networks have screwed us over: while I indeed get "The Discovery Channel" and "The History Channel", programming that used to be on them... the stuff I liked... has been moved to The Science Channel and H2. Meanwhile, the original channels have become reality TV crap 24/7. And of course, if I want the original programming that I used to enjoy, I need to upgrade two packages... just to watch the stuff that used to be included in what I have now.

I totally agree with that one. I recently downgraded to AT200 from AT250 and lost H2 so I lost most of the history programming. Irritating but not $120/yr irritating.

Add me to both of those lists please, Military and Blaze!

Not sure if I got counted but add me too.

Also, 3net. This is offered on DirecTV so it should be available on Dish. Sony, Discovery, IMAX cooperative to bring a wide variety of original programming not seen elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts