New Deals From Dish (Soon)

I think I remembered hearing something about that. I recently quit as an E* employee, and althought I didn't hear that specific information, I did hear something similar/non-official talk about similar promos.

On a side note, why does everyone complain about the csrs? b/c echostar, aside from benefits which were quite good, sucks as an employer. I could write a 50 page paper on how bad the company is run on the csr floor level. Only other company I've worked for or experienced that is managed that badly is Office Max, which was even worse. I joined Echostar May of last summer and when I quit early July, when I was on the floor, I looked around and realized I was there longer than 90% of everyone I saw. As a 14 month employee I was pretty seasoned about how everything worked from receiver probs/billing probs/install probs that agents there even 6 months couldn't figure out. Their idea of training is classroom for a month on the service with almost no experience whatsoever, then throwing you on the phone with no real knowledge. You call in b/c you got 2 510's and one is getting only 119 and the other only 110. new agent says "2 rec not working, prob w/ install so setup service call to get a tech out". or you get someone there who knows right away that they are probably using a twin and just hard reset each rec at same time or reset both sat ins at same time to reset the twin, and then rerun sw test and now its switching properly. when people refer to csr roulette, i've taken dozens of calls of people calling in for 3rd, 4th time on same prob b/c prev agents didn't know what they were doing and couldn't fix simple issue. i've seen 5 calls in same day of customer missing local channels since install, or since dishmover, and the stupid idiots who took the previous 5 calls spent an hour troubleshooting and not even realizing the locals were never added to the account. stupid stuff and you're lucky if you call in to get an agent that's been there more than 3 months. of course, if you have a 721 or hd rec, they go to tsr2/tsr3's, they usually are much better than regular agents. if you get the idea that the agent you're talking to knows even less than you, its probably true. hang up and call again.

sorry, just wanted people to know how horrible it is working for a bad company and that there is in fact constant massive turnover.

GaryPen said:
If Dish fired every CSR that gave wrong info, they'd have 4 CSR's left.

LOL - That many..??

Well, maybe in the US - that spoke English fluently. :D

IMHO -If I were an E* employee, I sure wouldn't announce it to 24,000+ readers and NOT on my first post. An anon proxy I 'could see', but that just adds to the unbelievability.

SNERT's come out of the woodwork all of the time. Just ignore them and rely on credible info from Scott or others higher up the chain of backchannel info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)