New direct tv technician seeking information for a smooth employment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

millard

Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
Looking for some feedback on what to expect? How the pay scale lays out? Being 1099 employed ect. Any and all information is appreciated.

I figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone could help. Bad timing I suppose.

:welcome to Satelliteguys millard!

Like royrdsjr said, everybody's asleep. Someone will catch up to you soon.

Reactions: Broe67
What questions do you want answered? You kinda left it pretty open as far as what you're wondering.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My first suggestion is go inhouse or retail and stay away from 1099. If you are unfamiliar with the system or even worse unfamiliar with how being 1099 employed works you are going to overwhelm yourself.

But aside from that generally speaking get ready for long hours. Long weeks. Decent money. and a bit of insanity. As far as the job goes.. just as hutch said.. what are you wondering about?

I hear droves of people going off about being charged insane amounts of money. I've been told that is due to lack luster craftsmanship and cutting corners. The company I'm going to work for has been very straight forward about everything as far as I know. I am familiar with 1099 employment and I am a very penny wise person. I just would like to know the ins and outs and what to expect out of a regular day (as far as normal goes) does anyone have experience with white communications, if so what should I be aware of? Thanks everyone, all advice is helpful as I like to do things properly the first time and pride myself on my work.

I know guys that are charged back for stuff beyond their control.

All you can do is try it & see how it works out. Everyone's situation is a little different & may or may not apply to what you'll experience.

Good luck

Normal? The only normal is your day off, and you still could be called for equipment or questions on a previous job or a tech stuck on a job.

Kitty Said it best, Long days, Long hours. I don't get charged back for jobs but some companies do. Your best option regardless of charge back or not, always do the job right. When you lay low you get small perks and don't have to worry about anything. There's no installer that's going to say they don't have a job out there they don't want anybody to see but don't make it a common thing. Just be patient at first, there's a lot more to the job than just sticking a dish and being done. Expect longer hours the first couple of months due to learning the ins and outs and expect to take some flack from the other guys at first. It's truly a sick breed of people that has what it takes to deal with the day to day stress of the job and realize early, regardless who you work for, you ARE directv so customers are going to be mad at stuff. Be good at talking to calm them down and get the job done and you should be fine.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Charge backs really suck. All it takes for the CSR to hit you with a NC roll back(charge back) is up to them. I had it happen to me last month. All because a customer didn't call me first.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)