New directv employee

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Support Forum' started by boogaloo12, Feb 13, 2008.

1. boogaloo12

boogaloo12 Thread Starter New Member

Hey guys I'm a new directv employee located in utah, at a call center, Formerly at&t but now directv, I just started training today and was curious as to the employee package thats offered, the trainer said something about 250 channels for free and free nfl sunday ticket and she only pays like 12 or 14 bucks a month. I guess we've gotta wait 90 days so since it'll be awhile I was wondering if anybody has any more details on this? thanks feel free to send me an email or get back to me on here, truth be told its probably best to email me or pm me.

2. boba

boba SatelliteGuys Family
    Pub Member / Supporter

The Human Resources Dept. maybe the APPROPRIATE PLACE TO ASK THIS QUESTION ABOUT BENEFITS. You might also be cautious about what you post some employees have been terminated for "confidential" information.:)

3. 69Mustang

69Mustang Member

Buy it. At that price it'll be money well spent. Wow.

4. paulman182

paulman182 Active SatelliteGuys Member

I too have heard this before but I am curious as to how they knew who the employees were?

5. downthedoor

downthedoor Member

yeah, keep that stuff out of here... In Utah, do you work for D* or PRC or another company? I didn't know that the D* had a company owned center in Utah...

6. grydlok

grydlok Vuvuzela Horns
    Pub Member / Supporter

You also are entitled to some other stuff like MLB, March Mega, and Hot Pass.

7. grydlok

grydlok Vuvuzela Horns
    Pub Member / Supporter

They have one.

8. ercjncpr

ercjncpr Member

Waiting to see how long before you are no longer an employee there because you posted here. 250 channels +NFLST free?? That explains why the rest of us pay so much! Write us back when Dish hires you so we can see their employee package! :D

9. K9SAT

K9SAT SatelliteGuys Guru
    Supporting Founder SatelliteGuys Radio DJ

With dish you get what ever the lowest base package is. At the time it was the top 60. I dont know what it is now.

10. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF SatelliteGuys Family
    Pub Member / Supporter

Hey buddy, its not confidential....
    Look at the Official DirecTV website..its there:

DIRECTV - Benefits and Compensation

11. Newshawk

Newshawk Active SatelliteGuys Member

All major corporations have a corporate security department. Part of that department's duties is to prevent leaks of confidential and proprietary information.

12. Van

Van PIT MEMBER

Most of the time its incredibly easy to find out because people have whats called a "big mouth" and usually theres a handful of people where they work at that know who they are on here. Posters also tend to give to much info wich this poster has already done in stating that he is new to the call center in Utah so the paper trail has started already albeit a digital one.

If you go into the dishnetwork forum ( dont be afraid, they wont bite though they may put a cold wet nose somewhere ) there is a thread titled "Dishnetwork mandates incompetance" and a member here was recently fired for a post he made in that thread after he posted an email that held the phone number of a dish regional manager.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  13. Joe Diamond

Joe Diamond SatelliteGuys Family

Utah?

There is no Utah in the Phillipines. And I looked in Costa Rica and India.....no Utah! The only Utah I can find is in North America. They speak English and close jobs pretty quick. That Utah?

Boogaloo 12 welcome. I can tell when I am on with the Utah call center........you can hear the echo.
    As mentioned above, remember who you work for..........it shouldn't be a secret but you will run across stuff that shouldn't go out...........especially customer information.........There are editors on this site but you never know who else.

We are landing now so I gotta run.
    Report back as your job grows.

Joe

14. ScottChez

ScottChez Active SatelliteGuys Member

If you posted here while on a company computer they will for sure be able to track it back to your PC at work. The proxy log will show it.

If you posted from a home PCs there really is no way they will find out unless your screen name is similar to your real name OR they trick you by feeding you false info, waiting to see if you post it, then they will know it is you.

15. Van

Van PIT MEMBER

Social engineering can be your friend or worst enemy, make it your friend.

16. rsmith7

rsmith7 Supporting Founder

He's already been fired.

17. Joe Diamond

Say it ain't so.........we were just getting to know him.

Joe

18. ercjncpr

ercjncpr Member

Source?

19. jcrandall

jcrandall Proud Staff Member
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

I think he was joking.

20. Joe Diamond

ALSO,

I think it would be a bad thing if CSRs did not have access to all the DTV programming. I know as an installer I always defer to the CSRs for program information or billing questions. They are not my job.
    If channel 100 is running and the HD weather channel looks good I recheck the tuners for signal, activate and vanish. Somebody has to hold hands with the cx............why not our new pal?

Why not the same deal for techs? DTV can send me a HDDVR & Visio to play with. I won't tell.

Joe

VigLink badge
Sucuri