New Directv HR54 and H44 models

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satgirl51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
USA
I have been told that the new HR54-700, HR54-200, H44-500 and H44-100 are in testing right now, sorry I don't know much more details than they exist, which some here may already know but it was news to me so I thought I would just share and post it.

Again sorry if this is old news. Just didn't see it posted when I searched.

Last edited:
Ahh. I wonder if getting a 54 will be just as much a crap shoot as getting a 44....
The response of "Directv is clearing their warehouses of the older equipment. You as a customer get what the tech has".. Is 100% UNACCEPTABLE.....
So...What is the diff between a 54 and 44?

Ahh. I wonder if getting a 54 will be just as much a crap shoot as getting a 44....
The response of "Directv is clearing their warehouses of the older equipment. You as a customer get what the tech has".. Is 100% UNACCEPTABLE.....
Only thing I know or can say really is the HR54's are DVR's that can feed clients , and H44's are standard HD receivers that can feed clients. Again your welcome to take what I say with a grain of salt :)

I just looked over my original post and noticed I left out the HR54-500, the -500 is just a different manufacturer.

H44-100 manufactured by Technicolor
HR54-200 manufactured by Samsung
H44-500, HR54-500 manufactured by Humax
HR54-700 manufactured by Pace

Reactions: titanman100
Some more info on the H44

The H44 receiver has built-in SWiM power. When used with SWIM LNBs, H44 does not require an external SWiM power supply. However, in the case of SWiM Modules, an external 29vSWiM power inserter is required (An H44 should only be connected to the power passing port on a SWiM-approved splitter).

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1427740319.882283.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1427740335.619422.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1427740385.308925.jpg

Since attaching a SATA drive to an H44 is possible this would be a nice way to get multiple genies if they would allow you to have an hr44 and h44 together, doesn't look that way though. Multi genie server support is labelled as No.

The only way to not make it a crap shoot is to get 4k. 54 will support live 4k w/ one of the new RB LNB's. But this is going to be some time off. I would say fall at the earliest to next summer before any of the new stuff comes out but this is only speculation. Some of the new LNB's wont require a power inserter and can do up to 22 SWM channels. The new stuff will also support HDMI 2.0, from what I am told.

The only way to not make it a crap shoot is to get 4k. 54 will support live 4k w/ one of the new RB LNB's. But this is going to be some time off. I would say fall at the earliest to next summer before any of the new stuff comes out but this is only speculation. Some of the new LNB's wont require a power inserter and can do up to 22 SWM channels. The new stuff will also support HDMI 2.0, from what I am told.

Will the "RB LNB" require re-aiming your dish or will it be as simple as attaching it to the dish?

I assume H44 = HR44
Well once you add the ESATA drive the H44 it will be a "Genie Lite", looks like directv will have a "Genie Lite HD DVR Kit", also appears that kit will be white-listed(Directv Approved) and not any ESATA drive will work :-(

Thank you for your post, that is good info on the H44. That could definitely be a nice option in addition to a genie to get more recordings at a time.

I recently heard a rumor on the HR54 being an eight tuner Genie, but haven't seen or heard anything further yet.

I do like the idea of having the SWM PI built into the receiver, no reason not to eliminate that component if you are producing a full-size receiver. Put it in the HR54 and H44 and eventually the PI will be a rare piece instead of standard.

Well once you add the ESATA drive the H44 it will be a "Genie Lite", looks like directv will have a "Genie Lite HD DVR Kit", also appears that kit will be white-listed(Directv Approved) and not any ESATA drive will work :-(

ESATA drives aren't all that common in the market, you have to look for them - they aren't on the shelf at a local retailer. Selling their own hard drive kit is a source of revenue, controls the product quality / support, and lets them treat it as an upsell. Similar to how Dish used to charge a $39 external hard drive fee (not sure if they still do that).

That said, I hope they leave the interface open to using any ESATA 500GB or larger like the current receivers, and just offer/promote their own drive.

since RDBS will be at 99 and 103 should just be a simple lnb swap.

Will the "RB LNB" require re-aiming your dish or will it be as simple as attaching it to the dish?

As Satgirl said its just an LNB swap. Your dish is already aimed for the slots.

A waste without storage.

Not really; what it appears they're doing, is for subs that don't want DVR, this receiver will be used w/thin clients at the other TV's...as opposed to doing a full receiver (tuner) at each TV instead. (also think bars, restaurants & other commercial establishments that would NEVER have a DVR, but DO need multiple receivers)

Not really; what it appears they're doing, is for subs that don't want DVR, this receiver will be used w/thin clients at the other TV's...as opposed to doing a full receiver (tuner) at each TV instead. (also think bars, restaurants & other commercial establishments that would NEVER have a DVR, but DO need multiple receivers)
Seems like a small market. Except for sport bars, what business needs multiple tuners?

Seems like a small market. Except for sport bars, what business needs multiple tuners?

Re-read what I posted...I said also think of bars, businesses, etc. My main point was, there are LOTS of residential subs to this day, that do NOT have &/or want DVR service, for whatever reasons, but still have multiple TV's...hence (again) why this is not, as you put it, "a waste".

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts