New EPG Info data - strange

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is this happening to everyone with the OTA adaptor? No pictures showing up in the guide for OTA channels. For the rest of the channels, just a logo appears on all the rest of the channels. Maybe they are going to change them?

01.jpg 03.jpg

This is not strange it is B.S. When is DISH going to demand ROVI or whoever supplies the EPG get this fixed. I thought
it was just my OTA locals that were screwed up and wouldn't let me record M-F shows even though they were NEW but have
Episode: N/A and Year: N/A . I just tried same thing on my SAT SD Locals and same problem. Setting M-F Steve Harvey only the Monday show will show it will record. This is on a 722k with OTA Module.

Reactions: TheKrell
This is not strange it is B.S. When is DISH going to demand ROVI or whoever supplies the EPG get this fixed. I thought
it was just my OTA locals that were screwed up and wouldn't let me record M-F shows even though they were NEW but have
Episode: N/A and Year: N/A . I just tried same thing on my SAT SD Locals and same problem. Setting M-F Steve Harvey only the Monday show will show it will record. This is on a 722k with OTA Module.
I they use Gracenote which is owned by Nielsen Media Company

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The guide is rapidly becoming worthless. On an ordinary receiver (no Hopper) the opinions currently being interjected eat up all the available space and an actual description of the show/movie never displays. "This Joe Blow adaptation of a John Smith novel brings a great charactor study to the sc........." Huh? This is ridiculous. Why was this ever allowed to go live? This needs to be fixed and fixed now!

Is there any way to scroll down and see the rest of the info? Half of a synopsis is no better than no synopsis.

Another vote here that this change is utter rubbish. My VIP612 DVR won't scroll either.
I posted my disgust in "Dish Programming Guide" of Dish forums. After 15 or so replies, a moderator closed the thread.
I started a new thread for more replies, and a moderator deleted my thread.
I tried to start another and found my account suspended !?
I was neither vulgar nor obnoxious (so I think).... So much for free speech.
If curious, the original may still be there under "Kevin_SWMI".

At $95 a month for a good selection, for 1 receiver/DVR, I'd think decent customer attention is deserved.
Once >3Mbps gets to my area, I've got to consider options.

Why can't they put the pontifications After a concise plot description?

Reactions: Tampa8 and pattykay
Agree with the comments. It is even worse now. As being used above the "pontifications" (which is often closer to what is written than a relevant comment) take up so much room the actual descriptions are truncated even shorter. No provision was made for more room when they added the verbiage. Put it at the end, it will accomplish two things. The full actual description will return and I won't have to see most of the unwanted often unrelated opinions. My 612's are not having a scrolling problem at least.

For about a week now the guide data has been so screwed up that none of my existing timers recognize anything. I have had to recreate every timer so far. That and there are now no icons other then the generic network icon for absolutely everything.

When I select the old timers in the list the correct program icons still appear. Is Dish going to address this?

Original Hopper w/sling.

For about a week now the guide data has been so screwed up that none of my existing timers recognize anything. I have had to recreate every timer so far. That and there are now no icons other then the generic network icon for absolutely everything.

When I select the old timers in the list the correct program icons still appear. Is Dish going to address this?

Original Hopper w/sling.

I'm really fed up with my guide data as well. HWS here. I've had to recreate at least half my timers.

Original Hopper w/sling.

That's weird, the only timer I've had to re-create is a locally-originated show that Dish decided to abbreviate the name of. (There have been others in the past that they've broken timers by changing the names of, but not since this recent wave of changes.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)