New FTA install working fine, thank you all!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Well I finally got a pole in the ground and got the Geosat dish aligned on Galaxy 19. Works fine so far, thanks to KE4EST and Brian from Titanium for your help. Jezz there are a ton of channels on G19, I'm still trying to figure it all out. My next step is to buy a Stab HH90 and install the motor. I know I'll have more questions then. Actually I have one now. From my location in WA state I can easily see out to the Pacific. But the guides stop listing at 125 West. Is there anything west of that I can see with the Geosat?

Thanks again,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.

Congratulations! Definitely a lot on 97W.

Fred555 just beat me to it... This guide show feeds west of 125W on Ku-band (choose the band and location of the satellites desired).

Reactions: fred555
Think I remember something Ku on 129 in the past... Might have scanned it just for fun and found an active DBS TP, scrambled as I recall. How far is your LOS to the west? There might be some birds pointing at eastern Asia. From the north/central NA where I am I should see west to about 150 deg but from the west coast you should get at least another 20 degrees farther if you have a clear horizon out over the ocean. Don't hear much from that side of the arc... Not much Ku on Lyngsat up to 180E. Need someone on the west coast to chime in here...

Some interesting Ku over north america, should be lots of fun looking for feeds etc. Once you get your Ku motor working, you will likely want to start looking for a C-band dish if you have room to put it.

Glad to hear you are up and running Alan and yes 97W is the mother lode of FTA entertainment on Ku. Remember to re-scan this satellite every once in a while as stations come and go. The Stab 90 is a great H-H motor - small, comes with an excellent manual and of course good because it's Italian!
Try aiming for Hispasat 30W, they have a good number of channels, but nowhere as near as 97W. Enjoy FTA.

Mario

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts