New S229 Feature - Bluetooth Audio

Big Lots has Emerson bluetooth headphones for $20.00. I bought a pair just so I could try out the bluetooth feature. They seem to work ok, the volume control is a little bit funky till you get the hang of it.

I just picked up the Motorola S10's at Best Buy. They have the "Training Edition" on sale for $49.99 through the weekend. Amazon has a similar price. They sound great!

Probably a dumb question, but only one pair of headphones can be used at a time, correct? I have a crazy dog that tends to bark at commercials...and no, I'm not kidding. So, there are times the wife and I wouldn't mind using them at the same time. I only have one pair, so I couldn't check for myself.

chikagobnd said:
Probably a dumb question, but only one pair of headphones can be used at a time, correct? I have a crazy dog that tends to bark at commercials...and no, I'm not kidding. So, there are times the wife and I wouldn't mind using them at the same time. I only have one pair, so I couldn't check for myself.

I know you can connect at least two.

I bought a pair of Audiosynq wireless mini earbuds from Amazon for $38.00 shipped. They pair quickly and have a little more bass than I care for but I have had no audio sync issues. They work great for me and they really mask the wives snoring, lol.

I dont understand why dish doesnt have bluetooth on the joey why can't they use bluetooth sharing from the hopper? since essentially everything is coming from the hopper anyway!!!

tech_guru said:
I dont understand why dish doesnt have bluetooth on the joey why can't they use bluetooth sharing from the hopper? since essentially everything is coming from the hopper anyway!!!

Would that be possible? Wouldn't the Joey need its own bt chip? If you share bt somehow, how would that work? How would the audio feeds be different? I'm curious about this.

gpflepsen said:
Are you suggesting that the Hopper drive the BT for the Joey? Range would be an issue.

Not to mention sync issues. They'd have to figure out the delay in output to the Joey and then account for that in their bluetooth audio signal.

bluetooth earpiece for phones

the bluetooth earpiece that i have for phones doesnt seem to work i paired it to the hopper but i can't hear anything out of my earpiece dish better get the ball rolling soon or there will be a lot of unhappy campers all there ads and booklets showed bluetooth but it took months before we even got it and now bluetooth doesnt work with just any bluetooth device thats Bullsh!t just like the damn wifi i have a wifi n adapter i paid alot of money for and it doesnt work you have to have theirs i think they do that sh*t so that you have to pay more money to buy from there store they should send us one free and also the cover for the satellite should be included with service everytime it f**king rains the satellite goes out whats up with that sh*t give us a damn cover

Perhaps the Hopper needs an A2DP profile for stereo and your earpiece isn't.

Since there are a lot of people using bluetooth stereo headsets with the Hopper and none have been bought through the Dish Store, your premise of Dish forcing sales is a bit weak.

the bluetooth earpiece that i have for phones doesnt seem to work i paired it to the hopper but i can't hear anything out of my earpiece dish better get the ball rolling soon or there will be a lot of unhappy campers all there ads and booklets showed bluetooth but it took months before we even got it and now bluetooth doesnt work with just any bluetooth device thats Bullsh!t just like the damn wifi i have a wifi n adapter i paid alot of money for and it doesnt work you have to have theirs i think they do that sh*t so that you have to pay more money to buy from there store they should send us one free and also the cover for the satellite should be included with service everytime it f**king rains the satellite goes out whats up with that sh*t give us a damn cover

First I thought you were drunk with that other post. Then I thought, after reading half way through this one, that tech_guru was an oxymoron for you personally. After the cover bit, I think you're just a troll. A somewhat quaint and humorous one.

tech_guru said:

This has to be the longest run on sentence I have ever seen. I've read it 3 times looking for a period somewhere.

Mine didnt work either...instead of complaining though I looked to find a solution...found blue tooth headphones at big lots that work great

First I thought you were drunk with that other post. Then I thought, after reading half way through this one, that tech_guru was an oxymoron for you personally. After the cover bit, I think you're just a troll. A somewhat quaint and humorous one.

i wont even comment on that if you want to give all your money to a greedy company that doesnt know what they are doing thats fine

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)