New S229 Feature - Bluetooth Audio

Perhaps the Hopper needs an A2DP profile for stereo and your earpiece isn't.

Since there are a lot of people using bluetooth stereo headsets with the Hopper and none have been bought through the Dish Store, your premise of Dish forcing sales is a bit weak.
its not just that everything they come up with you have to buy from there store the stupid wifi adapter then the sling adapter instead of being built in like the previous reciever and now if you want the ota channels you have to buy the tuner why not send them through the satellite like they do the other local channels duh hmmm i guess it would cost them money anything that cost them money they stay away from it and they rob most of us blind its nothing but a big rip off and why not recieve all the data from them instead of using our internet some of us are limited on how much we can download each month

Last edited:
I have a pair of Motorola S9 HD stereo headphones and they work great with no sync issues. The new s11s just came out but I'm not sure how much the 11s are.

I just received my s11-Flex HD headphones and they are a little pricey but a $50 gift card helped soften the blow a little. Not sure if we are allowed to list prices here, I know one forum I belong to does not allow it. I plan on running with them also so they will not be just for the Hopper.

Mini review:

Pros - They sync just fine with the Hopper and with my iPhone. I am able to bounce back and forth between the two with no problems. The sound so far is crisp and clear to my untrained ears. There also are no lag problems coming from the Hopper, what I hear and the mouth movement of people on the tv are in sync. It stays connected from one side of the house to the other through three walls 50-60 feet? It only starts to dropout out when I position either of our two showers between myself and the Hopper which doesn't surprise me considering the cement board and tile. I've read that it is suppose to have a 150 ft. range. Pretty lightweight and unobtrusive, I have been wearing them for about an hour now with no problems. They charge up real quick, after about 5 minutes they showed charged. Supposedly 15 minutes of charging gives you three hours and after about that amount of charging that is what it told me when I turned them on to pair. It tells you how much battery life is left and after a good long charge it tells me I have over five hours. Time will tell for that though.

Cons - none so far, only had them for a day :eek:.

Although I don't plan to, unless the Joey ever gets bluetooth I tried laying down with them and it is possible because the back headband is flexible it wasn't optimally comfortable. But I was able to turn it around and have the headband around my throat and that wasn't bad at all, just a little tricky positioning the earpieces.

So far they work great with the Hopper.

I have the S9 and now after your review ill probably go pick up the s11. That's is my only gripe, the fact that they can be awkward feeling sometimes with the back band. The audio quality in my mind is pretty impressive.

I purchased the Premium Bluetooth Hi-Fi Over-the-Ear Headphone from monoprice.com and am very happy with it. I got a black friday 20% discount. The price is
$43.18 now.

I purchased the Premium Bluetooth Hi-Fi Over-the-Ear Headphone from monoprice.com and am very happy with it. I got a black friday 20% discount. The price is
$43.18 now.

I got the same ones from the recommendation in this thread. I haven't tried them on the Hopper yet, but they work great with my iPhone and Laptop.

I just purchased the Creative Labs D100 for my wife for Christmas. Anyone have any experience attempting to pair their hopper with one?

It's basically going to act as a cell-phone speaker, but if we could pull the Grateful Dead station in our backyard, I'll be hero for a day.

I had the sync and dropout issues. Rebooted the hopper and repaired the set and it works perfectly now. So happy.

I just purchased the Creative Labs D100 for my wife for Christmas. Anyone have any experience attempting to pair their hopper with one?

It's basically going to act as a cell-phone speaker, but if we could pull the Grateful Dead station in our backyard, I'll be hero for a day.

Forgot to update in case anyone else cared..

Bluetooth pairing is very easy. The range is good too.. the connection has been very solid save an odd stutter in connection every so often.. kinda annoying, but I guess it comes with the technology.

I synced the speaker in front of my Hopper and walked to the other side of the house, down the stairs into the basement and out onto my back patio... it almost lost connection, but I placed the speaker down on a table and it picked up the stream and played great! I'm guessing the speaker may be approximately 20 feet from the hopper, going down one story and through a wall.

Big fan of this new development!

Got the delay issue here too all of a sudden. I had no trouble setting up my headset and had no noticeable delay issues for a while, but then started to have enough of a delay to be annoying. I have re-paired the headset and not fixed the issue. The Hopper reboots every night, so I do not know why me doing it manually will make a difference, but I will try unpairing, rebooting and re-pairing. Anyone else fixed their synch issues, and if so, how? Thanks in advance!

Do you have another pair of headphones you can try? I just checked mine and no sync issues.Does the sync issue happen when you are next to the Hopper or only when a ways away? Are your batteries charged to a decent level? I would still try a power reboot to be safe.

Do you have another pair of headphones you can try? I just checked mine and no sync issues.Does the sync issue happen when you are next to the Hopper or only when a ways away? Are your batteries charged to a decent level? I would still try a power reboot to be safe.

Sorry to not respond right away. I do not have another headset to try, but since the one I have worked fine initially, I was not too worried about having the spare to try out. I should have kept up on when updates have been released I guess, so I could know if THAT was the issue. As of yet, rebooting has not worked. It is just weird that the headset would work with no synching problems, then develop them. It is fully charged, and used no more than 10 feet away from the Hopper. I am stumped for now.

so I have a question.

if i have HDMI out of the hopper to my yamaha for normal listening through home theater.

If I then use bluetooth headphones running from the hopper, do you mute the volume of the yamaha? and then how do you control the volume of the headphones through the hopper?

Thanks, just order a pair of headphone and i am wondering how it works

so I have a question.

if i have HDMI out of the hopper to my yamaha for normal listening through home theater.

If I then use bluetooth headphones running from the hopper, do you mute the volume of the yamaha? and then how do you control the volume of the headphones through the hopper?

Thanks, just order a pair of headphone and i am wondering how it works

You can't control the headphone volume with the hopper. The headphones usually have their own volume control. The sound continues to play through the Yamaha as normal. You can mute or turn down the volume if you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts