New Software Updates Discussion Thread

Press INFO twice and you'll see the satellite on the top left corner.

For some reason, it doesn't always work.

On one tuner, it just happens to be tuned to a channel (that I am not recording) and it works fine.

Then I switch over to the other tuner, a program that is currently recording, and it doesn't work.

Cool. I still have 449. Do I go straight to 511 when my upgrade comes to me??

I was very worried about 510.

Unless it was a glaring mistake in the code, they probably didn't "fix" it, they simply rolled it back to the previous, working code.

The same feature described by VinceT3 in this thread; Pressing info twice shows the satellite location of the channel currently shown on the screen, also works with the L439 firmware in Vip211.

Also, when you have the remote on other mode than SAT a message pops-up letting you know. This option can be modified inside MainMenu->Preferences->Mode Reminder

FW: L439, Model: ViP211/ViP211

I wanted to share these findings while trying the new firmware:
L439 for the Model: ViP211/ViP211.

Noticeable changes:
1. Changes were made to the System Setup->Installation->System Info page inside "Details". Now has the "STB Health Lite". All values are in cero... maybe because the signal status is Good at the moment of this test.

Not Fixed:
1. Problem with some OTA channels were the sound is very low to be heard when using the optical cable. While the optical cable is not working correctly, the HDMI has a normal level of sound in the same channel.

2. You still can't add an OTA channel that doesn't broadcast its assigned channel number. Ex. if you have an OTA channel transmiting from digital channel 15 and its corresponding analog channel is 14. If digital channel 15 doesn't broadcast that it is channel number 14, the channel is never added to the guide.

Unless it was a glaring mistake in the code, they probably didn't "fix" it, they simply rolled it back to the previous, working code.
But L511 still has all the features of L510, so it is not just a simple roll back.

They may have changed back to the previous MPEG4 playback code, but there is no way of knowing that.

IMO, they couldn't have fixed the code and tested it this quickly. The code is most certainly in "modules" so they can change or revert one part without affecting everything else (or they hope). They also save everything, i.e. all previous code and revisions, so they can simply "replace" the bad part and it leaves all of the other features of L5.10 in place.

Each 4 hours they updating the EPG time-stamp. Can't tell what exactly changing in EIT [EPG] data - need time for deep analysis.

Oh - ask JohnH - he is vivid observer of all sats changes doing that 24/7/365 ( lucky one - retired ).

Replacement 722

DirectTV dish on Dish Network system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)