New Star Wars Battlefront game by EA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

And there is no reason to buy the season pass before then even if you are loving the game. To be clear with my previous post I read it again and it felt like I was defending the game too much. That wasn't really my intention. The game was fun during the beta but it may very well be one of those mulitplayer games that is fun for a week and then something else takes my attention away. I am a little skeptical that this will happen to me with Battlefront because I do like the Battlefield series and this is a similar game.

My season pass comments were about season passes in general and not specifically Star Wars Battlefront. If you are considering buying this game check out a few reviews and see if the problems people had with it would stop you from enjoying the game.

I wasn't posting that to counter your views on the Season Pass. I was just posting some new news. I agree also that Season Passes are not great deals, and preordering one makes absolutely NO sense, especially since most of them don't even tell you what exactly you'll be getting.

So I just ended up with a Battlefront Origin code. My brother in law is a huge Star Wars fan. He asked me if I would like a copy for Christmas and I said sure. Well they are coming over this weekend and he wants to see the game in action so he already emailed me the code.

I guess he's been trying to talk my sister into getting him the Battlefront PS4 bundle for Christmas even though he hasn't really played games in years.

Too bad he didn't get you a console version if he wanted to participate. The PC version doesn't have split screen.

http://gamerant.com/star-wars-battlefront-pc-splitscreen-327/

That's alright. I'll run it through the Steam Link to the big TV and sound system and let him play as much as he wants with an Xbox One controller. It would have been nice if we could play together this weekend in split screen but I would still rather have the PC version.

I took a break from Fallout to play a couple hours of Battlefront last night. I am liking it so far but it's too early to tell what kind of staying power it will have.

I will say that it's refreshing to have a AAA PC port that is so solid at launch though. The last two AAA PC games I have tried to play this year were the Arkham Knight disaster and Fallout 4. Fallout 4 is by no means a disaster but it still doesn't support things like SLI and turning VSYNC off.

For the first 6 months or so with my SLI setup I never encountered a single AAA game that didn't support SLI. Arkham Knight still doesn't support it 5 months after release even though it is a Nvidia Gameworks title. Fallout 4 is too big of a PC release to not support it too but at least in this case one 970 is enough to run the game smoothly with maxed settings. I'm also confident that it will be patched in but I'm not sure why it wasn't ready at launch.

I'm happy to report that Battlefront doesn't appear to have any major PC port issues, at least none that I have experienced so far. It was great seeing both of my 970s at around 90% core usage while I was playing and my FPS staying in the 120-160 range depending on which mode and map I was playing.

Say what you will about EA but they at least seem to care about their PC audience.

Looks like you're having a better experience than others..

I just took a quick look at the PC forums for this game over at EA to see if there are major problems and I got lucky or if he was the outlier. I saw threads from people from Brazil, Austraila, and New Zealand complaining that their servers are gone and they are being forced to play on American servers even though those countries had their own servers during the beta. Since he is British maybe they are experiencing the same problem.

I didn't spend a lot of time on those forums but the server complaints I saw all seemed to be from countries other than the US.

First, I'll selfishly say that Americans don't seem to be having this problem so I'm not too worried about it. It is totally unacceptable to sell an online multiplayer only game in countries outside of the US if you aren't going to provide them with reliable servers though. Hopefully this is some weird glitch and it will be taken care of for those people quickly since it sounds like those countries did have working servers during the beta.

TB is British, but he lives in America, so what he's dealing with is on American servers. And to be fair, if there were major problems I think media outlets would have picked it up by now. And a quick browsing of Amazon finds no mention of inability to play online (although there are QUITE a few complaints about length and substance of the product.) I just found the video to be rather amusing. Hopefully my copy of the game will arrive today and I can try it out tonight on the One.

Hopefully by some miracle THIS will be patched up before I try it out.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/11/star-wars-battlefront-suffers-immortal-player-glitch/

Last time I played, about a week ago, I did have slower matchmaking. Worse than that was the terrible lag though. It was bad enough that it was hard to even move around the level.

The PC player base of BF is quite low.

tf8bBJs.jpg

I still play it pretty regularly. Luckily I have never had trouble finding a full game. I always play the big 40 player Supremacy or Walker Assault modes though. Those seem to be the most popular modes. There are lots of smaller modes and I could see those being harder to find games in.

Titanfall had the same issue on both Xbox One and PC a few months after release. The popular modes were fine but some of the smaller modes were not very populated.

Depending on how you look at it, Finn either spoke out on behalf of gamers pissed about the lack of content in Battlefront, OR he conned his way into getting a free tour of EA..(note you have to click on the datetime in the tweet to see the whole conversation)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts