New to Direct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dr. Pepper 6044

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
South Georgia
I have had several requests to install/aim Dish and Direct dishes. I have never done anything with either Dish or Direct, but I've done many FTA G19 dishes.

I have a current request and feel if I had the parameters (on FirstStrike meter) TP freq, Simbol Rate, polarity for one of the 3 lnb's in the row, I could find the bird and set up the receiver.

Any suggestions?

This will be your friend ...

http://www.dishpointer.com/
Thanks, Jimbo. I'm familiar with DishPointer. Have it on my iOS and it is good for finding a satellite in the sky and showing a pointing direction anywhere and to any satellite.
After getting that general pointing direction and elevation. I would rather not have to drag a power cord, receiver, and monitor out to the dish.
I have done many G19 aims using a FirstStrike meter. If I had TP frequency, Symbol rate and polarity, I think I could aim a Direct dish, but don't have those.

:-(

Thanks, Jimbo. I'm familiar with DishPointer. Have it on my iOS and it is good for finding a satellite in the sky and showing a pointing direction anywhere and to any satellite.
After getting that general pointing direction and elevation. I would rather not have to drag a power cord, receiver, and monitor out to the dish.
I have done many G19 aims using a FirstStrike meter. If I had TP frequency, Symbol rate and polarity, I think I could aim a Direct dish, but don't have those.

:-(
Google ?

That info is on the first strike web site, and on the satpro site also.

The person who was interested found someone else closer to where he is.
Thanks Texasbrit, I will look on first strike. I don't know what the 'sat pro' site is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)