New to FTA and need some help.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Hello all. I have a new KU 1 meter dish with a skybox F5 receiver. I have a motorized system and a LNB with linear and circular. Although currently, i am not utilizing the circular.

A few questions. One thing i have noticed is that when i look at channel listings, such as FTAList, the transponder frequency for a particular channel is off by around 1000. For example : Fta shows the following : Ebru TV www English 12083-V 22000 4027 4037

But on my receiver, it shows the channel frequency as 11085 V SR 22000.
This scenario will make it hard for me to manually enter in frequencies if they don't match..

My next issue is that there are some channels that are listed but i cannot seem to receive. For example : BYU TV www English 11787-H 15915 4377 4385 BYUTV

Everything shows this channel is still broadcasting, but a blind scan picks up only two channels on Galaxy 28. "Channel 10 Test P" - BALTVCCC Am i doing something wrong?

I have further questions, but ill end with that for now. By the way, I am located North of Green Bay Wisconsin. I seem to get a 90% intensity and about 70% signal quality on most of the satellites.

iBoston

Ps, I get many channels on Galaxy 19. But, i am unable to pull anything or find the following frequency :

11842 H 22000 Smart Lifestyle T
11842 H 22000 LLBN English
11842 H 22000 LLBN Arabic
11842 H 22000 LLBN Latino
11842 H 22000 Amazing Discoveri
11842 H 22000 Amazing Facts
11842 H 22000 AON
11842 H 22000 Hope Church Chann
11842 H 22000 HOPE CHANNEL
11842 H 22000 ESPERANZA TV
11842 H 22000 SATAV

You have a LNB LO frequency menu setting mismatch. Make sure that the LNB type and LO Frequency in the installation menu matches the Type and LO Frequency of the LNBF that is mounted on the dish.

You probably have the Invacom QPH031 on your dish. The linear output is standard type with LO Frequency 10750, but you likely have the install menu LNB type set to Universal with LO Frequency 9750/10600 or similar incorrect selection.

Reactions: iBoston
My guess is that your LNB is set wrong. You probably have a universal LNB, but have the settings in the receiver set to a stnadard LNB. I'm tired and might be thinking backwards, but I believe that would cause the scan to take 1000 extra off of the actual frequency. Also, with that setting, you are scanning too high, so it never tried to scan in the 11842TP. Try changing the LNB settings to universal and rescan.

Sorry, I was thinking too long and Titanium had already posted before I submitted.

I have the Invacom Quad Polar QPH-31
10.75 / 11.25ghz

The only settings i see on my receiver is setting the LNB Freq. It's was set to Universal 9750-10750 The only setting i see in the list that might corespond would be setting it to 10750. Would that be right, or am i way off in my thinking?

10.75 / 11.25ghz

The only settings i see on my receiver is setting the LNB Freq. It's set to Universal 9750-10750 The only setting i see in the list that might corespond would be setting it to 10750. Would that be right, or am i way off in my thinking?

I was backwards. Yes set it to 10750 and rescan.

Okay, well, that solved one of the problems. "Thank YOU!" The frequencies are now showing correctly. As for the second issue am still unable to pull a lot of stuff down. Lets use the above example. I have added a TP of 11842 H 22000 and I get NO signal quality on that frequency. So, i am unable to access the following :

11842 H 22000 Smart Lifestyle T
11842 H 22000 LLBN English
11842 H 22000 LLBN Arabic
11842 H 22000 LLBN Latino
11842 H 22000 Amazing Discoveri
11842 H 22000 Amazing Facts
11842 H 22000 AON
11842 H 22000 Hope Church Chann
11842 H 22000 HOPE CHANNEL
11842 H 22000 ESPERANZA TV
11842 H 22000 SATAV

Any thoughts?

Did you try to do a blind scan on Galaxy19?

I did. I deleted all the channels, and then re-did a blind scan on the Galaxy 19. Now that I am thinking, ill reboot the receiver too. Any other thoughts?

I have rebooted. No change.

I am logging off for a while. Those channels are working well on my system, not sure why you are missing that one TP.

Just reading between the lines here but,are you only getting Vertical channels and no Horizontal ones?If so then for whatever reason your receiver is not changing polarity.Look in your settings and check to see if it is set to only scan for vertical.

Just reading between the lines here but,are you only getting Vertical channels and no Horizontal ones?If so then for whatever reason your receiver is not changing polarity.Look in your settings and check to see if it is set to only scan for vertical.

Good thought, but no.. I am receiving both H and V channels.. Example... I am getting AABC TV FQ 11836 V 20765

10.75 / 11.25ghz

The only settings i see on my receiver is setting the LNB Freq. It's was set to Universal 9750-10750 The only setting i see in the list that might corespond would be setting it to 10750. Would that be right, or am i way off in my thinking?

Here's your info; you must have your local oscillator correct or the receiver cannot talk to the LNBF, sometimes you get some crap with bind search BUT DO THE LOCAL OSCILLATOR SETTINGS FIRST

Then do a bind search and i'm assuming your ON THE RIGHT BIRD then a bind search should do both pols V-H how do you know your on the right bird? If your receiver won't let you set it up, you may have the wrong firmware for it, it must have been set for doing Dish, or Bev once, and now your screwed, until you can reprogram the receiver back to factory specs its now no longer a true FTA receiver but the price was good, right?

http://invacom.net/documents/Quadpolardatasheetwhite.pdf

Okay,I could see from your post that you were getting V,but all the channels you weren't were H,so it was just a thought.

Yea, watching QVC right now which is Horizontal. I am getting tired.. Hopefully, there will be new suggestions tomorrow.

If the frequencies are now scanning "correctly" or at least with in a few single digits of the listed transponders, then I have the following questions:

1. Are you scanning only the FTA channels or every channel (and getting the scrambled in the list, too)?
2. I only ask question #1 to ask: how many channels you are receiving?

My suspicion is, if you are getting most of the channels at the correct frequencies but are missing a few transponders (such as the 14 or so channels on the 3ABN/LLBN mux that you posted), that your dish is very slightly out of alignment.

If the frequencies are now scanning "correctly" or at least with in a few single digits of the listed transponders, then I have the following questions:

1. Are you scanning only the FTA channels or every channel (and getting the scrambled in the list, too)?
2. I only ask question #1 to ask: how many channels you are receiving?

My suspicion is, if you are getting most of the channels at the correct frequencies but are missing a few transponders (such as the 14 or so channels on the 3ABN/LLBN mux that you posted), that your dish is very slightly out of alignment.

1. I am only scanning FTA channels.
2. It is possible my dish is slightly out of alignment. I just set it up within the last week. Any suggestions on syncing it in. Goto a specific bird in the arc too fine tune? Would a slight alignment issue cause a strong signal on one TP and no signal on another?

The 97w 11842 transponder gets interference from the satellite next door. This particular transponder requires the dish be bumped towards the West a few clicks.
I agree it's very tight up there, the bigger the dish you're using the better you can separate one bird from the other, and also try moving the LNBF in and out that also helps reduce the side lope from the 2 degree spacing of the dish next to it, some dishes just suck, some are great, find an old primestar dish no issues they came in about 4 sizes, the real old one is the biggest one, and you won't see that issue ever, if the dish was set up right, a bit too heavy for a cheap motor never go cheap, it always bites you in the ass that goes for anything in satellite, i'm not talking money i'm talking construction, some old stuff is great and free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)