New VIP-622 ... value if any?

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I have a new in the box VIP-622 I purchased (verified status with Dish yesterday) a few years back and two remotes with the 500 Gb HDD and two remotes.

Is it worth anything or should I just pull the HDD and toss it out?

I have a new in the box VIP-622 I purchased (verified status with Dish yesterday) a few years back and two remotes with the 500 Gb HDD and two remotes.

Is it worth anything or should I just pull the HDD and toss it out?

It has some value but how is it new if you purchased it two years ago and the receivers haven't been more for more years than that? I'm just giving you some crap and assume you mean it's new in box because you never used it. I found it funny because the 622 is a pretty old receiver and calling it new made me laugh a bit.

Hard to imagine a knowledgeable buyer showing any interest at all.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

It has some value but how is it new if you purchased it two years ago and the receivers haven't been more for more years than that? I'm just giving you some crap and assume you mean it's new in box because you never used it. I found it funny because the 622 is a pretty old receiver and calling it new made me laugh a bit.

Hahahaah ... got to read carefully ... I didn't say 2 years old. A few years back at my age can be an eternity I guess!

However, that doesn't seem to matter if it has little or no value. I will just pull the HDD and toss it.

Thanks for the replies and info.

There must be a lot of uninformed people out there. They have them for sale on eBay. If you eBay, try selling it.

Hahahaah ... got to read carefully ... I didn't say 2 years old. A few years back at my age can be an eternity I guess!

However, that doesn't seem to matter if it has little or no value. I will just pull the HDD and toss it.

Thanks for the replies and info.

622's are still installed as new connects.

Humm .... eBay fees w/the credit card business are 15% so I'd get $50-75. Hardly worth the effort.

I bought it as a backup for my VIP-622 which oddly enough has never failed and I am guessing is 5-7 years old.
They are installing a Hopper today (unless we have coax issues) so hopefully I will get decent service from it too.

Humm .... eBay fees w/the credit card business are 15% so I'd get $50-75. Hardly worth the effort.

I bought it as a backup for my VIP-622 which oddly enough has never failed and I am guessing is 5-7 years old.
They are installing a Hopper today (unless we have coax issues) so hopefully I will get decent service from it too.
craigs list is your friend. screw ebay and its fee's.

I'll start the bidding at $20.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not if the customer has any brains at all.

The local cable company done people wrong by forcing them into hd settop boxes with extra fees and they dropped all the viacom channels and lots of fixed income people are being connected with vip receivers.

ViP722x I can see. But ViP622? Those boxes can't be very reliable.

$75 is a whole lot more than a 320GB (correct me if I'm wrong) disk which (if you pull it) makes the 622 (oops said 522 earlier) completely useless to anybody.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts