Newbie to headend systems.

setsasat

Original poster
May 12, 2013
Indiana
Hello! I have a question about installing a dish 1000.2 with dpp44 switches in a head end system with 17 chanels.
!st of all I didnt design this I am only folling someone elses lead. I have researched and found that you should use no more than 3 dpp44 switches with a 1000.2 dish. I have been told by someone that this is not true and you can add 5 dpp4 switches to power 17 211 recievers. this will be on the eastern arc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes and I am signed up for training but this job is already in the works. Im helping somone install this system who was sent the equipment from the company he works for. I contacted the person who sent the equipment and he said this design will work and has done it many times. The only information I can find says three switches max. This person has been doing this along time and seems to know what he is talking about but I would like to hear if anyone else knows the answer.

You can always run 2 feeds from each LNB, and cascade 3 switches.

Really why do that and waste 5 switches?

Just put dishpro lnb's and use regular splitters.

Put the receivers on either satellite 119 or 110 depending on the channel they are going to be set on

You can put up dish pro singles. Split the lines before the switch and have a set of 3 switches cascaded and a set of 2 cascaded. Just make sure it's split before the 44 switches and they go to the same port on the sets of switches. You will need power inserters on all 5 switchss.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts