Newbies Beware!!!!

stpso440

Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
Learn from my mistake. Check out a company thoroughly before you make a purchase. If you buy a receiver from an online company that offers a 10 day “Satisfaction Guarantee” they will delay your shipment so there is no possible way for you to return it. Their policy states “10 days from order date”. My receiver arrived at my door 13 days after the order date.

I got BURNED!!!! You don’t have to.

stpso440 said:
Learn from my mistake. Check out a company thoroughly before you make a purchase. If you buy a receiver from an online company that offers a 10 day “Satisfaction Guarantee” they will delay your shipment so there is no possible way for you to return it. Their policy states “10 days from order date”. My receiver arrived at my door 13 days after the order date.

I got BURNED!!!! You don’t have to.

Did you pay by credit card?
Dispute the charge with the CC company. That will get the dealers attention.
Document everything when disputing the charge

mkm4,
Thanks. I will try my CC company and see what happens.

riffjim4069,
I have been reading these forums for the past few weeks and I have learned a lot. Everyone is very helpfull to all. There are a lot of other sites that rip a new guy to shreds for asking a question. How soon do they forget that they were once a "Newbie" too. :) In my opinion SatelliteGuys is the first and only place to go for those looking for answers to their FTA questions.

SatinKzo,
I want to refrain from mentioning the online dealer by name. But if you GO to any search engine and search for SATELLITE, you will find the .NET where I purchased my receiver. ;)

Put together the words in bold.

stpso440 said:
mkm4,

SatinKzo,
I want to refrain from mentioning the online dealer by name. But if you GO to any search engine and search for SATELLITE, you will find the .NET where I purchased my receiver. ;)

Do you know how many sites sell satellite equipment? Simply stating that you had a bad experience with a specific company and sticking to the facts wont hurt anyone.

If you look at the ebay ratings. quite a few people mentioned the slow shipping. It seems however that most people got problems resolved. Time to go rattle some cages and get resolution.

Stpso....... recommend to the next guy you hear talking about getting satellite to use a local retailer or dealer, no 800#'s or internet sight.

would like to start selling satellites,do not want to install,I think I have a great market,want to work with only the best and most honest...need help...and thanks
Richard

Tell this on-line crook that he needs to resolve this or his company name will be mentioned on ALL industry forums...you can not be sued for telling the truth.

riffjim4069 said:
Buy from one of the SatelliteGuys Gold Sponsors...that's the best way to avoid being bagged and tagged by a Cyberspace Shylock.

Agree! Is this a coincidence? Check out the similarity between the Gold Sponsor ftadirect vs. gosatellite

It's not a coincidence.....

Look at the registration on the two domain names.

GOSATELLITE.NET

Registrant:
RMD Media Group Inc.
B3-1410 Parkway Blvd #16
Coquitlam, British Columbia V3E3J7
Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: GOSATELLITE.NET
Created on: 05-Aug-04
Expires on: 05-Aug-06
Last Updated on: 01-Oct-05

Administrative Contact:
Manager, Domain info@gosatellite.net
RMD Media Group Inc.
B3-1410 Parkway Blvd #16
Canada
8669427186 Fax -- 8669427188
Technical Contact:
Manager, Domain info@gosatellite.net
RMD Media Group Inc.
B3-1410 Parkway Blvd #16
Canada
8669427186 Fax -- 8669427188

NS.RWGUSA.NET
NS2.RWGUSA.NET

FTADIRECT.COM

Registrant:
Domain Manager
B3-1410 Parkway Blvd #16
Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: FTADIRECT.COM
Created on: 03-Aug-04
Expires on: 03-Aug-06
Last Updated on: 21-Aug-04

Administrative Contact:
Manager, Domain info@ftadirect.com
B3-1410 Parkway Blvd #16
Canada
8669427186 Fax --
Technical Contact:
Manager, Domain info@ftadirect.com
B3-1410 Parkway Blvd #16
Canada
8669427186 Fax --

NS.RWGUSA.NET
NS2.RWGUSA.NET

How can you tell whos a good dealer to buy from maybe its better to buy froim a local guy that you can get in his face if theres a problem.

Sir Solti said:
How can you tell whos a good dealer to buy from maybe its better to buy froim a local guy that you can get in his face if theres a problem.
You can always ask around the FTA area. Sadoun is generally regarded as awesome. I have yet to buy from them but wouldn't hesitate to. I've had dealings with SGAFTA and I'm very happy with them.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)