Next Star Trek Movie to be a Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. A computer-animated Star Trek isn't something that would appeal to me either...

you wouldnt know its computer driven, people faces even shadows would be flawless. heck the space stuff is all generated graphcs, they stopped building models sometime ago, and sold off the ones they had.

its coming soon for regular shows anyway. end of cranky greedy spoiled stars.

you wouldnt know its computer driven, people faces even shadows would be flawless. heck the space stuff is all generated graphcs, they stopped building models sometime ago, and sold off the ones they had.

its coming soon for regular shows anyway. end of cranky greedy spoiled stars.

No, I disagree. I have seen basically every animated movie in the past five years; while the CGI continues to get better, they have not gotten to the point where human faces look real yet. Starships, sure; battle scenes, Orcs, and aliens without a doubt, but I just don't think that breakthrough has occured yet to replace actors.

Again, I agree. And while even video games have advanced to the point where facial graphics look pretty good, CGI just isn't quite there yet. Personally, I hope it never gets there. I'd rather see a good movie with good (living) actors than a good movie with CGI actors in it anyway. There's a certain art to acting that I don't think CGI can capture (at least not yet)...

Oh, it's coming. They'll get faces and hair right. And then they'll create completely computer animated actors, so they won't have to pay "rights" to actual humans.

Z2. Z2?

Oh, it's coming. They'll get faces and hair right. And then they'll create completely computer animated actors, so they won't have to pay "rights" to actual humans.

Z2. Z2?

exactly, end of greedy actors and actresses, bad behavior both on and off screen, things like running dog fighting. hit shows can go on forever, salaries non existent no having to deal with kids growing up or beautiful women getting long in tooth.

its just a matter of the bucks being invested to get computer generated to the next level. myself I would love to see some more episodes with bones and scotty young happy and healthy. the original show had a lot of missed opportunties for stories:(

Reminds me of the plot of :"LOOKER" from the 80s, with Susan Dey and Robert Preston. IN the show they were taking models and doing plastic surgery to make them perfect 10s. Then they would make 3 -d video images of them and create holograms of them. They then killed the girls and used their images to film commercials and when you watched the commericals you would be put in a hypnotic state and would feel the need to buy what ever they sold you. OF course they were going to use the power too, with male politicians to SWAY you to their political view point and voter their candidate in to office. They didn't say if they killed the male politicians and they of course didn't need to be perfect 10s. AND Robert Preston and Susay Dey found out and saved the day.

I wonder if today's models, actors and actresses are having body scans done when they're at their physical peak. Then they could license the use of those images far into the future. 6of9? T'pol? Jackie Gleason?:eek:

If they did that with the various ST actors, maybe it would become cheap enough one day to create series for niche audiences. I for one would love to see more Deep Space 9 episodes.

I wonder if today's models, actors and actresses are having body scans done when they're at their physical peak. Then they could license the use of those images far into the future. 6of9? T'pol? Jackie Gleason?:eek:

If they did that with the various ST actors, maybe it would become cheap enough one day to create series for niche audiences. I for one would love to see more Deep Space 9 episodes.

glad someone liked DS9, cause it sure wasnt me.

today old footage etc creates advertisements by long dead actors, one day they will be totally fabricaed. or bring back the dead..

payments to to the estates, some long dead stars aremaking big bucks today.

I liked voyager, enterprise had some nice shows.

never cared for deep space 9

loved the original start trek and next generation.

my theory DS9 was designated next generation replacement, and thats why i didnt like it.

On the topic of spoiled stars, "S1M0NE" had a great take on this. It looks great on HDNet Movies, too.

As far as DS9, I enjoyed most of the episodes, but there was always the B5 vs. DS9 comparos going on, which I thought B5 won through better writing. As the original "Doctor Who" showed, better writing will win out of special effects all the time.

On the topic of spoiled stars, "S1M0NE" had a great take on this. It looks great on HDNet Movies, too.

As far as DS9, I enjoyed most of the episodes, but there was always the B5 vs. DS9 comparos going on, which I thought B5 won through better writing. As the original "Doctor Who" showed, better writing will win out of special effects all the time.

Of course Simone was actually played by an actress, playing as a CGI creation. :D :D

Just watched one of the all-time best Star Trek episodes: Inner Light from Season 5 of TNG. I don't know how many times I have seen it, but I love it every time; it is one of the best stand alone science fiction stories ever done on Trek IMHO.

I was walking around the house humming the song from the flute.

the best DS 9 episode was some of them ending up in roswell nm by mistake..........

have forgotten the details but remember thinking too bad more episodes arent this good.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another super bug to be worried about

No cable or satellite access

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)