NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

Info screen says, "Thus far, the NFL Network and DISH have been unable to negotiate terms of a renewed distribution agreement for carriage of its channels
We remain open to a fair offer that allows us to carry NFL Network content at an appropriate value to our customers."

Yeah, the NFL Football in June isn't the issue. I'm "ok" with it now, although being an NFL Fan, if the weather is crummy on Sunday afternoon, I like being able to turn on the replays of the various weeks games from the year. And I like NFL Total Access even to hear what is going on in the mini-camps. But come NFL preseason...and definitely the regular season... I know DirecTV is geared more towards sports fans, but Dish has met all my sports needs, so I would not plan on switching. But not having NFL Network during NFL season would definitely make me reconsider my options.

who is stinkin fed with up all these disputes cant dish at least work out a deal on all these disputes getting tired of hearing them all the time.no i am not upset with you guys on this forum it is like almost everyday we are hearing a new dispute with dish almost everyday.

Reactions: Rixos
To all of you who are stinkin' fed up with Dish why not simply go over to the other side and snipe that forum instead of this one.... It certainly will help your blood pressure.....
Good Advice.
I'll be sure to make a note of it.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I wonder if this is a ploy by the NFL to get a new contract with a end date closer to the start of the season to give them leverage in the future. Right now, a contract expiring in mid June gives them 0 leverage since nothing is really going on except for mini camps.

I could see this going into August or even near the start of Week 1.

I wonder if this is a ploy by the NFL to get a new contract with a end date closer to the start of the season to give them leverage in the future. Right now, a contract expiring in mid June gives them 0 leverage since nothing is really going on except for mini camps.

I could see this going into August or even near the start of Week 1.
NFL has 60 million subscribers without dish, they don't need dish.
Fans will go where they have to.
Dish will just lose more customers.
No NFL or Red Zone.
Yeah good luck Dish with this one.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

NFL has 60 million subscribers without dish, they don't need dish.
Fans will go where they have to.
Dish will just lose more customers.
No NFL or Red Zone.
Yeah good luck Dish with this one.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yup, they've got a couple weeks to get this figured out and then people are going to jump when the threat of losing preseason games looms, then everyone able to leave will do so if it becomes the loss of regular season games. Dish then also loses all of their 'watch NFL games' counter-marketing.

First dispute in the 13 year history of the network.

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)