NFL Sunday Ticket 2014/2015 Season - Discuss Pricing/Discounts/Offers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So essentially they gave you $60 off the price of the Max and put the discount somewhere else .... they do these things often.

There may be a clause that they won't give you the same discount two years in a row, as in for a particular item ... so they offer you a discount on something else you have instead, your still saving that money just doesn't show up under the Max line item.
Actually, they are giving $60 off the base price, I am not subscribing to the max this year. I get RedZone for free on my cell as a season ticket holder, so I can't see spending the $$ for it. I'm not a huge RedZone watcher anyway, so I'll just pass on it this year.

Actually, they are giving $60 off the base price, I am not subscribing to the max this year. I get RedZone for free on my cell as a season ticket holder, so I can't see spending the $$ for it. I'm not a huge RedZone watcher anyway, so I'll just pass on it this year.
I can't imagine trying to actually watch and pay close attention to a game on my 5" cell phone.

I can't imagine trying to actually watch and pay close attention to a game on my 5" cell phone.
Glad that I really don't pay that much attention to RedZone. Pretty much just watch my Bears games on Sunday Ticket and watch the Mix channel sometimes. Rather watch all the games on the Mix channel than have them decide what game I get switched to on the RedZone. And the Mix channel is included in the basic ST price, so works out for me.

Glad that I really don't pay that much attention to RedZone. Pretty much just watch my Bears games on Sunday Ticket and watch the Mix channel sometimes. Rather watch all the games on the Mix channel than have them decide what game I get switched to on the RedZone. And the Mix channel is included in the basic ST price, so works out for me.
I should actually drop the Max portion, I rarely use the computer part of it and it doesn't work on my Tablet because it needs Flash Player or something like that that is not available on the Samsung Tab 3

Just to make sure you know, that is the charge for the Sunday Ticket Max upgrade, not for the base Sunday Ticket package. I see the same choice on my account, I am already subscribed for Sunday Ticket, $39.99/mo for 6 months, but I had the max upgrade free last year and they want me to pay this year. I tried for a deal again and couldn't get it. They did give me $5/mo off my basic package for 12 months, so they did save me $60/yr, but I could get them to give me the max upgrade free this year.
I just got my bill and see the $39.99 ST renewal, even though I called before to cancel so that the auto renewal wouldn't happen, but apparently they didn't removed it, Next time I'll have to call twice to confirm the removal, I shouldn't have to do that. And now my CC got charged for that from autopay.

Another blurb:

DirecTV confirmed that policies governing who can or can’t qualify for its unbundled, streaming-only Ticket option remains generally unchanged. DirecTV began to push the broadband version of Ticket back in 2009, first testing it in Manhattan for $350, then expanding access to consumers in other markets who qualified for it.
The FAQ for the streaming-only packages being offered for the coming NFL season is careful to point out that the online-only service, NFLSundayTicket.TV, “is available to people in select areas, residence types, and enrolled in select universities.” It then directs NFLSundayTicket.TV subscribers to visit www.NFLSundayTicket.TV, where they can input their address to see if they meet the eligibility requirements.

Last year was only PS3 but this year more devises are included, that's the change.

Doesn't the online version absolutely suck? I thought I heard people who have had it have nothing but complaints.

Doesn't the online version absolutely suck? I thought I heard people who have had it have nothing but complaints.
I think those complaints are regarding the beginning of the year when it typically takes them a few weeks to get things organized.

I was in heaven last year. I got the special edition of Madden. So for $40 I had Sunday Ticket online and it worked great the majority of the time. I was used to it, had it on the PS3 prior. I guess this year I am just going NFL Rewind, Poor Man's ST. Now that I got an iPad, I'm making the most of it with the coaches mode.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This is the offer I got from their online chat today:
Thanks for waiting. The cost of the NFL SUNDAY TICKET is at $39.99/month for 6 months. I can give you a discount of $5 for 56 months on SHOWTIME (since you got the PREMIER) and this reduces the cost of the package at 34.99.

I just got my bill and see the $39.99 ST renewal, even though I called before to cancel so that the auto renewal wouldn't happen, but apparently they didn't removed it, Next time I'll have to call twice to confirm the removal, I shouldn't have to do that. And now my CC got charged for that from autopay.
You can still call and cancel that and demand that first payment back. I have had to that before because a lot the front line CSR's don't know how to put in the computer right. Try to get it escalated to the premium or retention depts. They know how to do it right.

I recently received my bill that had a $59 and change charge for ST Max, so I phoned in to cancel. But I was actually hoping they would shoot back with a good offer. The guy just said ok and cancelled it out. Funny thing is I really don't care now. I may call back before the season starts and see if they can knock my socks off with another good deal as I've received in previous years. But if they don't, I'll go without it this year. My team is local anyway, I just like the option to get better games in the other time slots. Oh well.

They called my bluff (so far). I called to cancel the Ticket (been with them about 15 years), and the rep said ok. While processing, he gave me $10/mo discount on HBO and Showtime, but he did process the cancellation. I fully expect to receive a call from "Ken's" boss within a week with a better offer. Worst case scenario, I can re-join before the season starts.

I currently have the Xtra package and called them up before my renewal kicked in. They gave me half off ST Max and then a discount of 10 and another discount of 5 for a full year on each. Brings the price down significantly. I paid full price for it last year but had it for free the year before. Keep calling. I was originally with the sports programming department then i got switched over to a different tier of tech support and they were able to get me the discounts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts