NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
Does anyone remember the Ticket on C-band?...My dad said it was very popular. I'm wondering how did it work was there red zone and all the extras? Thanks

Red zone was on Telstar 303 on the tvn channels. 1-9. Sometimes the 1st half had free previews if no sub. 1994 the 1st year. $99. No redzone. That started with DirecTV.

Games shared the same channels in the late games. Often joined in progress. NBC started scrambling backhauls around this time. Extras. No extras. That's all been later to raise the ST price

Original plan was to scramble in 1990 but got delayed til the next TV contract in 1994 where the ticket was created so out of market fans could watch

The original NFL Sunday Ticket cost $99 and all of the games were available on a single satellite, Telstar something or other if I remember correctly. No such thing as Red Zone back then, you just had access to all the telecasts instead of just what your locals were carrying. I subscribed the first couple of years and then the price started to escalate rather rapidly so I dropped out. It was great while it lasted.

The original NFL Sunday Ticket cost $99 and all of the games were available on a single satellite, Telstar something or other if I remember correctly. No such thing as Red Zone back then, you just had access to all the telecasts instead of just what your locals were carrying. I subscribed the first couple of years and then the price started to escalate rather rapidly so I dropped out. It was great while it lasted.
I remember those days. That was back when you subscribed to DirectTV and had a separate bill for movie services like HBO, Starz etc. I think the company was called "USB" or something like that. That was back when you could buy a receiver/dish combo from RCA, Sony or Hughes and install it yourself. I had the Sony which had the flashing LED on the LNB when you were on the satellite. Ahh... the good old days before DirecTV got greedy.

Reactions: danristheman
I remember those days. That was back when you subscribed to DirectTV and had a separate bill for movie services like HBO, Starz etc. I think the company was called "USB" or something like that. That was back when you could buy a receiver/dish combo from RCA, Sony or Hughes and install it yourself. I had the Sony which had the flashing LED on the LNB when you were on the satellite. Ahh... the good old days before DirecTV got greedy.
The OP was asking about C-band. Back then C-band programming was ala-carte that eventually gave way to 5-service base packages plus ala-carte but it was still great.

The OP was asking about C-band. Back then C-band programming was ala-carte that eventually gave way to 5-service base packages plus ala-carte but it was still great.

The 3-packs, 5-packs, and ala carte choices were great. Then, throw in the off-beat free stuff, like Green Sheets, Doug Dennert, Gene Scott, Tammy Faye...
I had my programming from an outfit based in Denver. The packages were perfect but the customer service was terrible. Especially when the VC2 needed a re-hit. Once, I was on hold, put down the phone, drove to the post office, came back home and was still on hold (did get through though).

USSB-United States Satellite Broadcasting

Hubbard Broadcasting started it. They are based here in St Paul, MN
They own all the ABC stations licensed in Minnesota and all the NBC stations licensed to New Mexico (and a few other stations)

I've posted it a few times. On the Independent station (KSTC) they have a commercial for the syndicated shows they have. They have a guy dressed as "Professor Funny" or something like that. When he takes the lady into the elevator on the back wall you see the "USSB" logo.

Didn't RedZone originate on Dish Network? D* had Season Ticket, E* had RedZone.

I remember watching all the NFL games on different channels/transponders in the clear BEFORE the whole Sunday Ticket thing & the greediness started. Ah, the good old days!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes, if you could find the wildfeeds you could watch just about any NFL game in the clear. What was really great was many of them were the direct stadium feeds,no talking heads, just stadium sounds. THAT I really miss. I've had my fill of the likes of Aikman and Simms getting paid by the word.

Reactions: eurosport
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)