No byutv joy at 89w so pushed the wing to 87w atleast go lpbs now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4sakntaln

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Any thoughts about this one. Spent some time on it and while everything else appears to line up well with the channels listed at sathint.com. Still no joy in picking up byutv. Curious as to what is there...Ugh...

So anyways redirected that wing lnb to 87w. The Louisiana pbs stations ring loud and clear inside, but the newsource1 stuff, which only appears to be video feeds of cities, no cnn stuff like I had hoped for, only come in perfect while outside. Wonder if I bumped something while making the final bolts tight.

Made some adjustments to my 103w wing. Appears to have picked up a few more nbc feeds and improved the quality of OTS (cozi). Still was better outside than before having a diseqc in the line...ugh. Stranger still I'm able to pick up even more on this bird after having the diseqc in there inside but again quality drops hmm. But the quality dropped...But I do get some of them at decent strength. Weirder still is that last time the longer I left it alone the more the quality improved...Like the LNB needed a break in period at that position.

I ordered two amiko pll lnb 104's for the wings. I have 97w at front and center. I'm hoping those longnecks and phase loop locks will do some good.

I don't know why but I kind of enjoy this hobby.

X2 premium
wsi LNBs
winegard ds2076
single 1x4 diseqc switch.

Any thoughts about this one. Spent some time on it and while everything else appears to line up well with the channels listed at sathint.com. Still no joy in picking up byutv. Curious as to what is there...Ugh...

So anyways redirected that wing lnb to 87w. The Louisiana pbs stations ring loud and clear inside, but the newsource1 stuff, which only appears to be video feeds of cities, no cnn stuff like I had hoped for, only come in perfect while outside. Wonder if I bumped something while making the final bolts tight.

Made some adjustments to my 103w wing. Appears to have picked up a few more nbc feeds and improved the quality of OTS (cozi). Still was better outside than before having a diseqc in the line...ugh. Stranger still I'm able to pick up even more on this bird after having the diseqc in there inside but again quality drops hmm. But the quality dropped...But I do get some of them at decent strength. Weirder still is that last time the longer I left it alone the more the quality improved...Like the LNB needed a break in period at that position.

I ordered two amiko pll lnb 104's for the wings. I have 97w at front and center. I'm hoping those longnecks and phase loop locks will do some good.

I don't know why but I kind of enjoy this hobby.

X2 premium
wsi LNBs
winegard ds2076
single 1x4 diseqc switch.
I would go ahead and change the 97w lnb to a pll like the titanium satellite ku pll lnbf

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

BYU Global on 89W is not a strong signal and can be really tricky to pick up... I am using an SL1PLL LNBF, q is only 40-50% on a 90cm dish.

I gave up on BYU on 89w along time ago. I have hit it once in two years. I guess I just don't have the knack. Patience is not a problem, it is too hot now but once it cools off, I'll try it again, again and again!

Think the 116w Ku (english) signal must be beamed farther south, not a hint of that one here. Have tried it many times... I do get the Spanish TP at 12175H3703 3/4 at about 60%Q, bit I have not found english audio on that one. It's kind of like they have the TPs or PIDs mixed up...
The C-band BYU main channel is nice and strong on 91W, as well as the 97W feeds for LDS. These are easily receivable on an 8' dish.

The G28 Ku signal has been very consistent, can almost always pick it up but is weak and will fade during heavy rain etc. Thought it would be stronger farther south.

I have a 10ft mesh just waiting on me...unfortunately I have to set up on country property which will not be until the end of the year...

......What do they say? Patience is a virtue....it will definitely test my virtue....

You can get BYU TV, on Satmex bird on 116*W but the signal is somewhat ok at 57 to 61% but it's better than nothing.:)
I was scanning the entire arc tonight, and i believe the one on SatMex 116.8 is BYU Latin. It is in spanish and is not the same broadcast as BYU on 89. I got BYU tonight on my 1.2m dish. Still, my Amiko HD SE would not find it in a blind scan. I had to ADD the Transponder, and then Scan that particular transponder for it to pick up the channel. I am receiving it now with a solid signal.

Think the 116w Ku (english) signal must be beamed farther south, not a hint of that one here. Have tried it many times... I do get the Spanish TP at 12175H3703 3/4 at about 60%Q, bit I have not found english audio on that one. It's kind of like they have the TPs or PIDs mixed up...

When i pulled in BYU tonight on 89w the PIDs got screwed up for me too. The left channel was correct, but the right channel just kept repeating the word "Spanish". I had to cycle through all the audios all the way to the last one before i got English on both left/right channels. It was like out of sync. Every audio i went through, the left speaker was saying one language, and the right speaker was saying another language. ?!?!!?

I was scanning the entire arc tonight, and i believe the one on SatMex 116.8 is BYU Latin. It is in spanish and is not the same broadcast as BYU on 89. I got BYU tonight on my 1.2m dish. Still, my Amiko HD SE would not find it in a blind scan. I had to ADD the Transponder, and then Scan that particular transponder for it to pick up the channel. I am receiving it now with a solid signal.
What LNB are you using? Is it correctly properly set in the antenna setup menu?

That is the way the broadcaster uplinks the channel. No problem with your receiver or incorrect PIDs.

Simply press the audio button on the remote and select left or right channel to listen to only that channel.

BYU is currently black? Can anyone get BYU right now? I'm on the channel and i have a level 90% and Quality 70%. Seems weird to me..

BYU TV as of 7:53pm EST is currently up and running.
11885h2789

alternate channel - ASL on same transponder appears to have no sound.

Most of the Newsource stuff is sent via I-Pump pr Pathfire. The live stuff is for breaking news or station live shots. The days of "daily feeds" have been numbered for a while since network news stuff has been received on the catch servers now. A friend of mine works as an editor in news at a local tv station and he can just grab the video files from the server and import it into the Avid editing system for some minor tweaking. Just another process that has been streamlined at tv stations.

Thanks for the info on LPB on 87. I would like to put a fixed 90cm on that bird for LPB and seeing the signal is good hopefully I should have no issues (fingers crossed). I can't do 125 for the normal PBS feeds due to trees, so LPB would be a good alternative for PBS programming on days they are up there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts