No Showtime anytime for Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I downloaded the Showtime anytime app on my iPad but apparently Dish subscribers can't use it. When I try to log in I have to be with Direct, AT&T u-verse, Verizon, or Optimum (whatever that is). So dish users are not good enough for their app or what? Does anyone know if it works like HBO-GO? I was hoping to go back and watch Dexter from season 1.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

We also don't get Showtime on demand. As far as I know it is the only premium package on Dish that doesn't come with on demand. It would be nice to get both of those services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Find a relative or friend on one of those providers and use their login info. That's one way I get around ordering subscription services. I get the movies from their sister networks that Dish conveniently provides in their top 250 and BB@Home packages and use the apps for any shows I choose to watch. The only one I can't get is HBO as my parents don't pay for it.

I downloaded the Showtime anytime app on my iPad but apparently Dish subscribers can't use it. When I try to log in I have to be with Direct, AT&T u-verse, Verizon, or Optimum (whatever that is). So dish users are not good enough for their app or what? Does anyone know if it works like HBO-GO? I was hoping to go back and watch Dexter from season 1.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Optimum = Cablevision.

Since DIRECTV recently added Showtime anytime, I hope Dish comes through soon, maybe there will be some word at CES?

Since DIRECTV recently added Showtime anytime, I hope Dish comes through soon, maybe there will be some word at CES?
It would certainly be a welcome addition.

I wonder if the content providers charge the carriers money for on-demand and streaming services. I would think not, as it acts as a marketing tool to add viewers. But, corporate greed seems to know no bounds. So, they might.

It would certainly be a welcome addition.

I wonder if the content providers charge the carriers money for on-demand and streaming services. I would think not, as it acts as a marketing tool to add viewers. But, corporate greed seems to know no bounds. So, they might.

I do not think the service presents a charge to Dish, but there is soft costs since Dish has to make their subscriber database link up with Showtime so they can verify subscriptions.

Amazingly, I've been in an online chat with Dish for 40 minutes and the imbecile on the other end (Carl ID: 59D) can't answer the simple question of "Can I stream prior episodes of Showtime series" and "Do DISH customers have access to SHOWTIME ANYTIME?..."

While reading him type "Thank you for that information. One moment please." a dozen times, I have unfortunately figured out through online searches that Dish does not seem to offer this same access that every other major provider does.

Which means we'll be cancelling Showtime/HBO because the main reason we signed up was to stream the prior episodes of HOMELAND and other Showtime series....

Yeah, I'm just venting. :)
(and hoping someone tells me I'm wrong so we don't have to buy homeland season 2 from iTunes for $36/ season)

Amazingly, I've been in an online chat with Dish for 40 minutes and the imbecile on the other end (Carl ID: 59D) can't answer the simple question of "Can I stream prior episodes of Showtime series" and "Do DISH customers have access to SHOWTIME ANYTIME?..."

While reading him type "Thank you for that information. One moment please." a dozen times, I have unfortunately figured out through online searches that Dish does not seem to offer this same access that every other major provider does.

Which means we'll be cancelling Showtime/HBO because the main reason we signed up was to stream the prior episodes of HOMELAND and other Showtime series....

Yeah, I'm just venting. :)
(and hoping someone tells me I'm wrong so we don't have to buy homeland season 2 from iTunes for $36/ season)

No access to Showtime anytime. You can stream prior episodes if they are recorded on your DVR and you have a sling adapter.

This tech support ineptitude is comical enough to share.... (keep in mind, I've been going at this for an hour and have asked 6 times now if he can transfer me to someone else or ask a manager);

todd: I specifically want to watch HOMELAND, SEASON 2.
todd: Can you ask someone else in the office if Dish customers have access to SHOWTIME ANYTIME like DirectTV and other providers offer?

Carl (ID: 59D): Thank you for that information.
todd: Please ask someone else. THANK YOU.
Carl (ID: 59D): One moment please.
todd: any progress?
Carl (ID: 59D): Yes.
Carl (ID: 59D): Upon checking the account, you are currently subscribe to Blockbuster@home when you are subscribe to Blockbuster@home your Homeland channels would be available on channel 102.
Carl (ID: 59D): You can check this link Todd http://www.mydish.com/perks/exclusive-free-programming/?WT.svl=gsearch_results
todd: let me look at that link.
Carl (ID: 59D): Thank you, Todd.
Carl (ID: 59D): I'm sorry for the confusion.
todd: okay, it doesn't seem like that is the answer to my question. that is a list of shows...i want to stream ON DEMAND any previous Showtime episode. Can you please transfer me to someone who can understand this? I appreciate your efforts, but it does not seem to be helping.
Carl (ID: 59D): Upon checking this channels I see here that this movie has already expired on 12/24/12-1/31/13.
todd: Okay...it is NOT A MOVIE. It is a series on Showtime. This must be a computer I'm speaking with. can you transfer me to a real person?
Carl (ID: 59D): I'm a real person Todd.

.... and a little bit later...

todd: see if you can find "Homeland, Season 2" on dishonline.
Carl (ID: 59D): Okay. Todd.
todd: Would you agree that while I can stream HBO shows through the app, it does not appear that Showtime programming is offered?
Carl (ID: 59D): I understand, Todd upon checking your Homeland this would be air on 2/18 8:00PM-9:00PM on channel 318.
todd: I would like to cancel the HBO/SHOWTIME programming that we signed up for today. Can you do this for me?
Carl (ID: 59D): Sure!
Carl (ID: 59D): I would be happy to assist you on this.
It seems I found one thing he knows how to do! LOL

They need to add this as well as allow the Blockbuster app that recently showed up on Roku and has been out on smart phones to allow streaming of the movies on the website and adding to the Dish Blockbuster@Home queue.

Don't forget that your Dish account also allows access to Bigflix.com movies. The Android app doesn't work, but the web page allows for a Dish login.

Wow, I really hope that Dish gets on this soon. Hard to understand how DirecTV customers get more Showtime channels AND access to Showtime Anytime, for the exact same price.

I am sure there is some contract change that would have to take place and we will have to wait until the current contract ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)