No signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I've recently put up a Winegard Pinnacle, all was well and was tracking the arc just fine. After that snow storm I have not gotten signal back. The dish is not bent and the pole is still plum.

I set the dish to zenith (87w) and loosened the azimuth and still no signal. Then I tried moving the elevation up and down slightly, still nothing. Any suggestions? I'm using a 45 degree Gardiner Communications LNB with an Amiko Nano HD.

Shorted coax due to water getting in? LNB picked a bad time to go bad? Switch go bad? It's anybody's guess at this point. Take the receiver and a tv out to the dish. Use a NEW piece of coax, and connect the receiver directly to the lnb. Tune it in like you did when you first set it up, and see what happens.

Personally, I make either scratch marks, or black indelible ink marks between the pole and the mount. IF the mount ever twists, you check the marks and see if they still align with each other. That's if your mount moved due to storm wind or something. Personally, I'd bet on something electronic going bad. Maybe even your receiver, so if you have another you can try, try that also.

Let us know what you find.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)