Non-Directv 4k ready TV - Needs C61K - New Monthly Charge?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
At other forums they think the next server wont output to 4k using HDMI and it wont even have an HDMI output at all. It would be what I think they call a headless Server/Gateway. The clients would be the only ones outputting to 4k over HDMI.
I wonder if this means that PIP will be going away? I hope not.

Why can't D* just make a Hopper 3 like receiver? I want sports bar mode!

Reactions: mdram
Well that would be a dumb move.
With no HDMI connection, how do they expect to connect to TV's.
Unless ALL 4K TV's have a different type of connection.
However that would limit moving a $K box to another TV, weather they have 4K or not, the box should be compatible with Non 4K sets.
I think its a dumb move also. They should just make something like the Hopper 3. That one outputs to 4k over HDMI right? I think maybe what the others are saying is it could be like AT&T's UVerseTV modem and they would just add the SatelliteTV tuners and a SATA hard drive to that. Or just add the SATA hard drive to it and a coax input because I think they were also saying that they could move the tuners to the LNB.

I think its a dumb move also. They should just make something like the Hopper 3. That one outputs to 4k over HDMI right? I think maybe what the others are saying is it could be like AT&T's UVerseTV modem and they would just add the SatelliteTV tuners and a SATA hard drive to that. Or just add the SATA hard drive to it and a coax input because I think they were also saying that they could move the tuners to the LNB.

doubt the tuners would go to the lnb, they are just rolling out the reverse band, why would they change again?
having a server with no output could work, if it was free, and had anough tuners, at least 16 if it was to serve 8 minis

What if they could just make the HD DVR IP based only then have the SatelliteTV tuners and IPTV input in the RG and then Ethernet and WIFI go to the IP based HD DVR. I think some at the other forums were also saying their could still go with a separate RG, Sever and Client and the Server still wouldn't have an HDMI output.

I wonder where they would install the server without the HDMI output?

also, would the installer switch from installing rg6 to installing cat5/cat6?
not every home is setup for a network
and not everyone would want wireless

Sorry I forgot to add that maybe they could make the guide work with both SatelliteTV and IPTV. Also if you had the RG next to the IP based HD DVR they could run the coax to the RG then run the CAT 5/6 cable from the RG to the DVR. Then if a person wanted IPTV just install it like how they install UverseTV now.

can ip based work with just a sat and no internet connection?
This is what I was wondering also ....
Not everyone has Internet and even less have the speed for streaming if it's a continuous thing.
Directv is great right now, if you just want TV, you don't need Internet or a cable feed to.the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The end of SD service on DIRECTV

saying goodbye to directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)