Not getting anything from 119 satellite.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gbertler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
Just noticed when changing a channel that I have zeros on all transponders on satellite 119. I repeated the satellite setup and it comes back fine except for 119. Anyone else having issues with 119 or is it my lnb.

There are not any outages with the 119 satellite that I have seen reported tonight. Usually if a satellite goes down my fingers are sore from responding to customers about it. I would lean towards the LNB having an issue.

Your sd locals are on 119 transponder 23. That's the only one that matters on that satellite. What about the other satellites? What are your signal strengths on them?

Other satellites are in the 80s and 90s, except for 110. That is in the low 70s. I think we only have one local channel that is not in HD, hence we rely on the 119 satellite for that one. I have an extra lnb sitting around somewhere that I can swap out tomorrow morning.

My guess is that your dish is out of alignment, or you have something interfering with the line of sight to 110 and 119. Probably not the LNB.

Other satellites are in the 80s and 90s, except for 110. That is in the low 70s. I think we only have one local channel that is not in HD, hence we rely on the 119 satellite for that one. I have an extra lnb sitting around somewhere that I can swap out tomorrow morning.
Did you lose that one SD channel from your locals ?
If so, is there an error message on the screen ?

As Chip mentioned, what is your SS on the 119 Sat transponder 23, I'm guessing it's zero as well.

I agree, your dish is probably out of alignment. If you can, check all of the bolts to be sure they are tight, and check the connections, too.

He mentioned that 110 is in the 70s, which might be off enough to get zeros on 119.

Which LNB are you using? Have you received a signal on 119 in the past? Could be you have the sl3, not sl5 lnb. SL3 does not pick up a signal on 119.

Which LNB are you using? Have you received a signal on 119 in the past? Could be you have the sl3, not sl5 lnb. SL3 does not pick up a signal on 119.

The TS already mentioned he gets his sd channels from 119, so it must be a 5 lnb

Seeing he doesn't get ALL his locals in HD, he will need to have the 119, I was thinking that he could do away with the 5 lnb for the 3, but he's missing 1 HD channel so thats not a good option for him.

Seeing he doesn't get ALL his locals in HD, he will need to have the 119, I was thinking that he could do away with the 5 lnb for the 3, but he's missing 1 HD channel so thats not a good option for him.
This is not necessarily true. dma s with sd locals on 119 does not mean that all locals need to be on 119. I have one sd local on the 103 in my dma. Also hope network got moved from the 119 to the 103. Just because a channel is sd does not mean that it has to be on a ku bird.

This is not necessarily true. dma s with sd locals on 119 does not mean that all locals need to be on 119. I have one sd local on the 103 in my dma. Also hope network got moved from the 119 to the 103. Just because a channel is sd does not mean that it has to be on a ku bird.
Oh, I didn't know that they would put a local on two different Sats ...probably doesn't happen often though.

Oh, I didn't know that they would put a local on two different Sats ...probably doesn't happen often though.
No i worded that poorly. My dma has a local channel that is on 103 that happens to be an sd channel. So prior to 7.24.14 a new customer would not have gotten this channel at all if they did not order hd.

There are not any outages with the 119 satellite that I have seen reported tonight. Usually if a satellite goes down my fingers are sore from responding to customers about it. I would lean towards the LNB having an issue.
I'm sorry to be rude, but is this the Dish forum side to be informing such info? Not sure if you're aware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts