Status
Not open for further replies.

N6BY

Geek
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Roseville, CA 121W
I just noticed a change here and I think I like it. The number of posts a user has made is no longer displayed under his avatar when displayed in threads, just the number of 'Likes' received.

Is this a permanent change or just a test?

I just noticed a change here and I think I like it. The number of posts a user has made is no longer displayed under his avatar when displayed in threads, just the number of 'Likes' received.

Is this a permanent change or just a test?
Your post showed up when I posted this ...

Honest answer post whores who just post one word replies like "cool" "Neat" "sucks" etc just to see their post count go up. Those posts add nothing to the conversations. The admins have been talking and we are actually considering resetting some of these folks post counts back to zero. I would name names but if you read often you probably know the folks we are referring to.

But if you do want to see someones post count you can click on their name and it shows in the pop up box that displays.

A positive side note about doing this is by removing it it removes 2 database calls, which means less work for the servers. :D

A positive side note about doing this is by removing it it removes 2 database calls, which means less work for the servers
Remember Scott that you've been wanting for awhile to do that for this reason. Either way it's a good thing we will all get used to.

Reactions: Ronnie-
Ouch ! I know many post whores try and claim ignorance but who in their right mind feels it's necessary to reply with just a single word or two ? They know damn well what they're trying to do.... If you like the post or agree with it, click the "Like" button !

But resetting them all the way to zero ! Damn, that's harsh.... But I have to admit, I'll laugh if you do it ! :p I'd be more inclined to search their posts and look at what % are really short responses and knock them down that number maybe. Oh well, that's your call ;)

Reactions: TheKrell
Either way it's a good thing we will all get used to.

Agreed. The posts counts are still there if one is so inclined to look, but the competitive nature of it had gotten out of hand.

I for one think it is a great idea and will help keep the discussions more informative to the sat guys members.

Reactions: Troch77 and Rey
Make note: Reset post count for member username Hall..................

:devilish:eek
Says the person who has a signature longer than their post :p :p :p

In all seriousness though, I'm more than confident enough that I do not fall in the category that you guys have been discussing. I know a couple people who likely do though. I have responded to someone who asks something like "Does Dish carry channel "x" ?" and just respond "Yes". I've thought, "should I add more filler wording just because, tell them the channel # at least, etc, etc?" but then realize, they asked a yes/no question and I answered them correctly. ;)

Reactions: Jimbo
Damn ! I just checked the list with member's post counts and the person I was thinking of has (had ?? :biggrin) A LOT more posts than I would have ever guessed !

Says the person who has a signature longer than their post :p :p :p

In all seriousness though, I'm more than confident enough that I do not fall in the category that you guys have been discussing. I know a couple people who likely do though. I have responded to someone who asks something like "Does Dish carry channel "x" ?" and just respond "Yes". I've thought, "should I add more filler wording just because, tell them the channel # at least, etc, etc?" but then realize, they asked a yes/no question and I answered them correctly. ;)
I do not consider you a post whore so no, you do not fall into that category. Those shall remain nameless. Nevertheless, I already posted I would reset your post count so here I go.........

:enjoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)