Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It's OFFICIAL SatelliteGuys will be flocking to Ionia, MI this summer and we want YOU to be there!

Here is the planned

The fun will kick off on Thursday Night, July 11th at the Lamplight Grill for WION Night. Come join us as we celebrate "America's Biggest Little Radio Station" with 92 cent draft beers plus some amazing WION Dinner specials!

Friday morning July 12th Scott will be headed to the WION studios to hopefully sit in on the now "World Famous Round Table" edition of the Coffee Crew Morning Show with Jim Carlyle.

Friday Night SatelliteGuys members will be able to join us as we catch a movie at the Historic Ionia Theater located in downtown Ionia.

On Saturday July 13th you will be free to browse Ionia and visit many of the unique businesses that line downtown Ionia. Perhaps we can talk Jim into giving a tour of the WION studios to SatelliteGuys members. ;)

Saturday Night at 5PM we will enjoy dinner at the Lamplight Grill, and from there at 7:00 PM our SatelliteGuys get together will start and will continue until Rich Thompson the owner of the Lamplight Grill kicks us out. :)
The get together will be meeting with other SatelliteGuys Members, and of course we will have some giveaways and prizes! Plus this will be a special celebration as we will be celebrating the birthdays of SatelliteGuys own "Iceberg" and the birthday of the First Lady of SatelliteGuys, Eva "The Prize Goddess" Greczkowski! I will be there and who know you might even hear some stories from the industry which I have never been able to post online. :)

Join us all 3 nights, or just join us for the get together it's up to you!

If you are planning on flying in you can fly in to Grand Rapids, Flint or the Lansing airports. Ionia is about an hour drive away from all 3 of these airports.

For those who need lodging we are recommending:

The American inn and Suites
423 Brown Boulevard
Ionia, MI
(616) 527-2200

This hotel is currently under renovation and should be ready for us in July! This hotel sells out fast so we suggest booking early.

We ask that everyone who is planning on attending to please let us know here in this thread. You are welcome to bring your family as well. If you are planning on bringing guests please let us know how many so we can have an accurate head count. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

We have a lot of SatelliteGuys members who live around the Central Michigan area, and many people have been requesting that we do a get together outside of Connecticut, so here if your chance to come to one!

We hope to see YOU in July in Ionia!

All GREAT news, Scott!
We can also look into some "area" places to stay as alternatives in close driving distance if necessary.
Some are near our sister station in Greenville.
Looking forward to the fun of a gathering, and having you on the "extended dance mix" of the round table that day!"

Gathering not in CT????

you-what-have-you-done.jpg

As part of the visit, even knowing that we're "tech" people and love our modern society.....The historical society tells me they'd be tickled to arrange a tour of the beautiful "Blanchard House" here in Ionia (our museum.).....With the ok of Scott, I'll let them know, and maybe this could work into the Saturday? We're an interesting town.....much of the pride is history and appearance! I suggest including a visit to the Blanchard House, Bertha Brock Park, and...it's also our Ionia "Relay for Life" walk at Ionia High School! We (WION) always back a team...and would be honored to work in SatelliteGuys in our team effort to show support, (even if its a lap or two ceremonially to show support)... if anyone is interested! We run a "show to show" competition between Garry Osborn and Me to see whose show can raise the most toward cancer research!

EDIT (ADD)
I've been assured if there is interest, touring the Museum will not be a problem! Special arrangements will be made, when we query the interest closer to the event.
Our friends are happy to offer this!

Last edited:
Wife & I are thinking of coming up. I used to live in the Detroit Metro Area, and traveled MI with the Jaycees back a few years (1985-1989).

We'll see.

I live in Grand Rapids and may drop by for a couple of events pending my schedule.

How much does what cost?

The SatelliteGuys get together is FREE for you just showing up. :)

Of course if you want to eat dinner, go to the movies etc you pay your own way. :)

Echoing Scott's sentiment.
Your own travel and entertainment expenses, but a chance to meet other members of the group!

Some available scheduled "events" will be posted as they get finalized which include our local history, park,
and other things. Scott is working with us on some of these ideas. It's designed to be a fun gathering of people,
not the land version of a Carribean cruise, thus only your travel and entertainment expenses to see a different town
and some of your "online pen pals."

SOME of our area resources if you're toying with coming are on the new website page.
Also of note is that 15 minutes to our West during that weekend is the "Lowell Riverwalk Festival." and WION may be there with our mics!

Last edited:
Great news! I'll definitely make the Saturday Night get-together and I'd love to tour the WION studios. I'm sure the business has changed a bit since I DJ'd back in the late 1970s... :D

We have learned that the new "Danny Boy's Drive In" will be OPEN in Ionia this month, and....could be a GREAT stop during the visit! Only one of NINE drive-ins in Michigan......and another possible fun stop for satelliteguys! Visit their site! Put it on your agenda for the visit to Ionia if you're coming.

Our historical society will be making available the tour of our museum, they've added the historic Court-house, and we'll add to the available itinerary and entertainment.

We're EXCITED about the opening of a Drive-in....it's unique....and something that our area hasn't had in years. When was the last time you went to a drive-in?

Kind of neat to see a new fun attraction opening soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts