Official numbers have been released by CEA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I don't think this was the largest attendance numbers but I could be wrong. I know that the main show floors were at least as crowded as some of the busiest years from the recent past before the recession took its toll.

2012 CES Grows, Excites and Catalyzes
Executives from business, government, entertainment, automotive, consumer electronics and every major industry converged on the 2012 International CES to experience new ways of doing business at the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow. Owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA®), the 2012 International CES concluded today in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The 2012 International CES was the largest in the event’s 44 year history, with a record number of more than 3,100 exhibitors across the largest show floor in CES history – 1.861 million net square feet of exhibit space – and drawing a record of more than 153,000 attendees, including more than 34,000 international attendees. More than 20,000 new products were launched at the 2012 CES, which also featured top executives participating in keynote sessions, including those from Qualcomm, Mercedes, Wal-Mart, Intel, Ford, Verizon, Unilver, Ford, eBay, GE, Google and Facebook. Executive delegations from thousands of global companies, from Apple to Zeo, attended the 2012 CES to meet with current and future customers.

I didn't make it over there this year. Wish my hearing was such that I could appreciate the high end audio but those days are long past for me.

I left the show at 2PM Friday satisfied that 3D is progressing much faster than we thought.

One main concern I had was that the consumer and professional camera products are once again diverging. Consumer camcorders are sacrificing image quality, ergonomics, and features for lower price, cheap imitation of features, and size. For a long time the consumer and prosumer camcorders were coming together giving the consumer a really fine product but unfortunately the physical size and price kept growing too.

For anyone who was thinking of buying a new TV ( this is the biggest retail season for TV sales with superbowl week coming up) it would be wise to wait for these new sets as they are offering a lot more bang for the buck than last year's technology. If you can't wait, at least get a steal of a price on last year's technology.

I heard that the Photography Manufacturers Association joined with CES this year, so wouldn't that result in better numbers for exhibitors and attendees?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)