old thread about lockups at 5:15 p.m.

piranesi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
New York
Sorry to resurrect an old topic but the original thread

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ns/207217-722k-locks-up-once-day-roughly.html

is too old to respond to and I was wondering if there has been anything new figured out about this 5:20 lockup thing. I've started experiencing it as well. Every Sunday now at around 5:15 I get a lockup...I reboot, and then about five minutes later another lockup and reboot.

I've seen this on a few message boards, rebooting every day or every few days around 5:15-5:20...but I haven't read a convincing explanation. It seems not to matter if you replace with a new unit for the people who have the problem.

I used to get the lock ups at 5:15 AM on my old 722k. Don't get them like that with the 922. I get RANDOM lockups that can't be predicted.

I got them at 3:12AM MST/MDT but it has not happened since I removed 61.5W from my 110/119/129 Dish 1000 (pre 1000.2) inputs to a DPP44.

I have it back that way but 61.5 has changed and just haven't been looking for the problem. I do a lot of overnight recordings.
-Ken

Well my lockups don't happen at 5:15 but they do happen when I turn off TV1, go upstairs and turn on TV2. Sometime after that the damn thing freezes, goes to snow screen and reboots (irritating as he double toothpicks). This is after the rep said it was my 722k receiver and I argued with him that it was not (he said he could see online that my receiver was reporting it needed to be replaced). So here I sit with a new 722k and the same damn problem. I think I'm going to call and break my contract as Dish Network does not seem to be able to fullfill their end of the agreement to provide me with the service I am paying for.

- Frustrated in MN!

Well, they talked me into one more receiver. When this new one shows up and locks up they have agreed to release me from my contract, which I will be taking them up on. This is absolutely rediculous that this cannot be solved!