"On the sands of Hesitation Beach,

Vicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Rocklin, CA--near Sacramento
...lie the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest, and resting, died;
And lo, amongst all the bones, not one backbone was to be found."

That’s the beginning of a poem I learned back in the ancient days of my youth. It made a significant impact on me then, and seems appropriate in light of VoOm’s imminent demise. Unfortunately, I’ve long since forgotten the author, so I can’t give credit where credit is due.

What really kills me is that since mid-February or so, the numbers of people on the VoOm forum has consistently run approximately 50% more than the Dish forum and double those of the Direct TV forum.

We know that VoOM subscribers sharply increased in the last few months, and now, even in the death throes of VoOm…those ratios remain constant.

If only more of the undecided had taken a chance just a little bit sooner, perhaps even with all drama and the inept management (which I definitely don’t minimize!)…this endeavor might have been able to be salvaged.

Stepping down off soap box now…staggering to a chair near a very large box of tissues…sobbing uncontrollably… :river :river :river :river :river :river :river

What you saw is lots of freeloaders taking advantage of the VOOM free OTA antenna install, knowing that VOOM was on it's last legs.

Yeah, I know, it wasn't all freeloaders, but judging by some of the January posts, it was significant.

The post-Voom choices are depressing. I just visited the Comcast site for our area. No DVR, no HDNet, no INHD. Just a few ho-hum HD broadcast channels. :sleeo Boring! And *expensive* too! More expensive than VaVaVoom for a bunch of commercial-ridden, SD, mind-numbing programming. No way!

The satellite alternatives don't seem any better, either.

I will save the $95/mo and wait for HD-DVDs, and see a few more flicks at our independent cinema (non-mainstream films).

Voom is not to be replaced!!! No time soon, anyway. Forget TV.

Bummed!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)