Oppo BDP-93 Discussion

Bunch of Pioneer owners will be unhappy when 3d doesn't work. They e-mailed me back and said to change the HDMI cables. Duh, don't you think I already did that?

S~

Yeah, I gotta say, while it's a well built player, Im not sure what all the folks have been drinking from the Oppo factory all these years. I'll hold my final judgement for a few months though.

Decided Im gonna put her on eBay, now that it's public. It's a real nice player, dont get me wrong, but not worth $500 (for what Ill use it for) when I have a perfectly fine BD85 collecting dust.

Sorry to hear. I had high hopes about this player. But I think I'll wait for the next year's model.

I slept on it, and will keep it. I like the build quality, I like the look, and I really like the speed. I have every faith they'll add more net apps, and their customer service seems pretty good (they fixed my big issue in the lastest update).

That being said, someone looking should know that the Marvell, currently, does not have as good of DVD PQ as the 83 with the ABT. Nflix HD streaming looks damn good though. IMHO, the player is NOT worth $500, compared to every sub $300 Panny Ive owned. Are speed and things like SACD worth $200 to you? Maybe. To me? No.

I'm gonna ride it out and see what this becomes, and that'll depend if I ever buy another one of their players.

OK, some really interesting findings after I Did the update:

1. 3D, or any other video, does not work on HDMI1 using the HDMI cable provided with the player running through my 1020 to the Panasonic 65VT25. The cable does work with the Panasonic 350, though. Go figure.
2. 3D, and all video, now works through HDMI1 using the same Mediabridge cable I was using with the Panasonic 350.
3. I also didn’t notice the green handshaking screen this time around. I'll check into this more as I just moved the player back upstairs while I wait for my projector.

S~

I discovered today that my 83 (& PS3) will not play .mov files off a DVD. Does the 93? Or any players, outside of PCs?

I may have to bite the bullet and install Corel Photo & Video Pro Bundle and take my chances, to do a conversion.

Sold.

Got most of my money back from a guy. After 6 weeks, for what I use this thing for, $500 is a waste for me. They are built well, but BR PQ doesnt really vary, the 93's DVD quality is not as good as the 83, or my pre/pro, so...

Also, the customer service was good, and it's built well, but being on my 3rd gen of Panny and not having any problems, those are not worth another $250. I'll probably get a 3D player (most likely a Panny) in 2012 when I look at my 3DTV purchase. No offense to Oppo owners, but I think a lot of the hype, is to mentally justify the price. Now, if you use ALL it's features, $500 may be justified.

To folks who just wanna watch BR's and enjoy some net apps, save your dough.

Sold.

or my pre/pro, so...

That would be a VP or video processor. a pre/pro is like a receiver without the amp section ;)

I think the upscaling will come along. I needed a higher end player for my theater room to match with the RS40 (if it ever gets here) and have no idea when the Denon will be available now, plus it's $300 more.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts