Optical Disc vs. Download: Next Chapter

My previous post wasn't actually an attempt to refute your point. Sorry, if it sounded like that.

I'm on your side with this "net neutrality" debacle...

I believe we are taking a too narrow point of view on the issue.
It has been repeated many times, the internet backbone is capable of handling hidef streaming by the majority in the internet community.
The only question is the last mile. And even that is close to doable (what I was trying to show in my previous post).

How many cell phones does an average family have? What is the total bill?
Would you believe 10-15 years ago that you will have this new communication medium and pay $100/month for it (at least the geeks)?

Same with downloads/streaming. It just has to make sense. And the apropriate family budget will be allocated.
And unlike the cell business, the network is in place. Bandwidth is available. PC is already in the house. Mindshare is the only piece that's missing.

Diogen.

40GB is way too low a cap. As shown above 1Mbit/sec continuous is over 300GB a month. 300GB would cost you $54.90 + $260 or $314.90. That is approaching the price of T1.

40GB is way too low a cap.
It is. Very much so.
So downloaders won't use Time Warner as ISP.
If you have no other option - you are out of luck, no downloads for you.
The same us people that can't (or won't) get ATT for cell but want an iPhone.

Here is what Amir said about the worst US state in terms of internet speed - Washington
amirm said:
The limit is around 250 gigabytes I believe. They just pinged me because we used 350 gigabytes :p.
The Future of HDM - Page 15 - AVS Forum

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)