Ordered a Lumagen Radiance 2020

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Good deal on an "open box" with full warranty.

This is basically an updated version of the Mini 3D with a better CMS/3D lut (700+ points’ calibrated vs 125) and more connections. Also has Darbee.

From what I have seen so far the LG does not do well with 1080i so I am hoping Lumagen’s tech can help here, granted it will take 1080i to 1080p and then the LG will have to do 1080p to 2160p, so maybe not.

The purchase is more for the calibration tools. The OLED can get grayscale and gamma very accurate but its CMS is wonky. It’s pretty accurate out of the box and many times calibrators don’t mess with it too much, but with the Lumagen Chad can fine tune Gamma and Grayscale and run the 700+ point 3D lut (takes about 90 minutes in auto) and really make the color nice. I looked at a $300 ee color box but it does not even pass thru 3D sources where the Lumagen allows for full 2D and 3D source calibration with all the tools, so my 3D cal will be extremely accurate as well.

angle2020_M_BB.jpg

back2020_M_BB.jpg

I can also use as a reference pattern generator if I ever get back into doing my own cals...

I will report back once I have it and then again once Chad does the calibration in April.

Key Features:

-Darbee Digital Visual Presence (DVP) enhancement technology
-Supports complete processing of 2D or 3D sources
-Proprietary Lumagen NoRing™ scaling
-10 bit processing

-Per-pixel SD/HD video deinterlacing
-729 point (9x9x9) CMS
-Extensive support for anamorphic lenses
-Adaptive diagonal filtering
-MPEG mosquito and block artifact reduction
-Temporal noise reduction for SD/HD sources
-2:2,3:2,3:3 pulldown for SD/HD film sources

http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?module=radiance2020_details

Got the 2020 setup today. I did a factory reset and save once I powered it up just to be sure, and then checked to make sure everything was stock. Only item I adjusted was it outputting RGB, I changed the output to my display to ycbcr 422 and saved again. Setup fine with my Harmony One too.

I have both video conversion and IP scaler off on my Denon, so I ran the 2020 after the Denon. Basically my Dish DVR and Oppo run into the Denon, the Monitor 1 runs out of the Denon into the HDMI In 1 on the Lumagen, and then per the instructions I ran HDMI Out 2 from the Lumagen to my display and left HDMI Out 1 blank.

I also left the factory setting of Darbee on HD and 40. I will do some evaluation to see if I want to leave it there, I never liked it on at all when I had Dish running thru my Oppo.

IMG_0929_zpsddtdotah.jpg

IMG_0930_zpsaliekqkq.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts